Page 13 of 362 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Hi Seth,

EP4 will not assign random numbers to your products on upload. This will generate an error, and that data line will be skipped. Your copy must have been modified at some point.

1.2.5.4 does have a bug concerning Manufacturers. This has been fixed in EP4.

You need ONLY used Open Office to create your CSV from your .xls file. So you can continue to work normally with excel, and then only use OO to open your xls and export your CSV. At some point in the future I'll revisit the excel issue, but that will be after I've completed attributes and some other planned improvements. EP4 is also UTF-8 aware so users can properly use it with mult-byte languages. I do not believe that EP 1.2.5.4 handles multi-byte characters correctly.

Note: you can install EP4 along side your EP 1.2.5.4. Just be aware that the upload files are very different.

-chadd
    Hi

Thanks for the quick response

Your version seems perfect, however I have one problem.
    I have narrowed the source of the random manufacturers down to when I upload the Model/Price/Quantity file in the previous EP (this is odd because there isn't even a manufacturer tab in the file )

The solutions would be to use your new version, but your columns are not arranged in the order I need for my excel update file.
    Is there any way I can re-arrange the order of the tabs (v_products_model, etc)

Thanks
    S

Plugin Contributions

I downloaded and installed Easy Populate 4.0-9773477 yesterday. I am able to download a files but when I upload and import I get nothing. I even tried downloading 1 category, deleting the items from that category and uploading the file I just downloaded. Nothing. I am running php 4.4.9 (Zend: 1.3.0), Zencart 1.3.9 and did use OpenOffice to create my csv files and follow the directions in the beginning of these posts. This is the error in my debug file (admin directory changed here for security purposes)

PHP Warning: array_flip() [<a href='function.array-flip'>function.array-flip</a>]: The argument should be an array in /homepages/39/e339678439/htdocs/zencart/admin/easypopulate_4_import.php on line 66.

What am I doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SethF View Post
    Hi

I have narrowed the source of the random manufacturers down to when I upload the Model/Price/Quantity file in the previous EP (this is odd because there isn't even a manufacturer tab in the file )

The solutions would be to use your new version, but your columns are not arranged in the order I need for my excel update file.

Thanks
    S
    Hi

Please disregard this post. I re-wrote my update file to understand EP4's column arrangement.

This addon has solved my manufacturer issue The only problem I have is that I have to use open office. Please could you add Excel support with future versions.

Thanks
    S

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SethF View Post
    Hi

Thanks
    S
    Hey Seth. Column order should not matter. Do a test with just 1 line of data.
    It's the column headers that MUST be correct (and NO SPACES at the end of the either, i.e. "v_products_model ").

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Sharemmoments View Post
    I downloaded and installed Easy Populate 4.0-9773477 yesterday. I am able to download a files but when I upload and import I get nothing. I even tried downloading 1 category, deleting the items from that category and uploading the file I just downloaded. Nothing. I am running php 4.4.9 (Zend: 1.3.0), Zencart 1.3.9 and did use OpenOffice to create my csv files and follow the directions in the beginning of these posts. This is the error in my debug file (admin directory changed here for security purposes)

PHP Warning: array_flip() [<a href='function.array-flip'>function.array-flip</a>]: The argument should be an array in /homepages/39/e339678439/htdocs/zencart/admin/easypopulate_4_import.php on line 66.

What am I doing wrong?
    What version of PHP are you using? PHP4 can act strange with array_flip(). You should ask your host to upgrade you to PHP5 if you are on still on PHP4. There are a couple of other PHP4 related issues also.

Alternatively, the first line of your CSV file is "wrong". PM or attach a copy of your CSV file and I'll look at it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I installed EasyPopulate per instructions, but I must have done something wrong. It seems to have installed correctly from the zen admin tool, I click on Tools | Easy Populate 4, and it loads the EP page.

When I click the upload button, I'm shot straight to my ZC Admin login page. Even if I manually upload the file to the temp directory, when i click import it does the same thing. I'm confused!

Andy

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that there were no errors reported in my error log.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adiamond View Post
    I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that there were no errors reported in my error log.
    I have seen this happen when zencart was installed via a CPANEL script, and the url's for the store were improperly recorded in the config.php files.

Check your configuration files and look for something like this: http://www.mystore.com//myadmin
    See that second pair "//" ??? That should only be one like this: http://www.mystore.com/myadmin

I saw this very recently with another user and was able to fix it with just a few clicks to correct cofigure.php, just be sure to fix both copies in the admin and includes directories.
    This will also mess with EP 1.2.5.4 which has come up from time to time. If this isn't the cause, I'd have to look at your install. You can PM me and I'll see what I can do to help.

-Chadd

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks for your help. You were right, there were numerous extra "/" in the configure files. I've corrected them and at least it doesn't shoot me back to the login screen anymore! However, when I click import this time - of the example files in the EP folder, I get:

Code:
    SKIPPED: model not found:TEST RGB
    SKIPPED: model not found:TEST CMYK

Code:
    SKIPPED: model not found:TEST 1
    SKIPPED: model not found:TEST 2

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adiamond View Post
    Hi, thanks for your help. You were right, there were numerous extra "/" in the configure files. I've corrected them and at least it doesn't shoot me back to the login screen anymore! However, when I click import this time - of the example files in the EP folder, I get:

Code:
    SKIPPED: model not found:TEST RGB
    SKIPPED: model not found:TEST CMYK

Code:
    SKIPPED: model not found:TEST 1
    SKIPPED: model not found:TEST 2
    Those two example files are for the basic attribute importing only. You would first have to create those products, and then import attributes to them.

Add a category and product normally through the zencart admin, then do a full export. This will give you your file format and column headers.

-chadd