Page 165 of 362 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 3612
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by k1ra View Post
    Perhaps I am missing something, but I just added products via Easy Populate 4 and assumed that the new lines in my product descriptions would be converted to <br /> once uploaded. This was not the case. Now I have to manually go into each product to re-format all my descriptions. Is this normal behaviour?

In Admin my settings for Smart Tags Replacement of Newlines and Advanced Smart Tags are both set to True.
    Looking at the configuration options for those two options, it appears in the description that the code is disabled and therefore wouldn't do anything. That is assuming that the menu option description has been kept up-to-date.

In fact, I don't see that those settings are even used in the code, they are set, but nothing uses them.
    What's the settings for curly quotes?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi just installed on Linux in a new cart 1.5.3 and all seems well except i'm not seeing my test Category import.

I downloaded OpenOffice to open and edit the sample file I exported to add new categories and i do get a success notice that the file has uploaded successfully. I generated some numbers to fill in for the Category ID. But only the original categories are showing. I've not changed any of the defaults and used the comma and quotes as instructed. Anything I can tell you that may help you let me know what I'm missing? This is a straight forward install and no core changes were made.

Plugin Contributions

Ok just saw this... Will work on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    jokkah,

the category import/export does is not used to create the category tree, it is only used to update the category info like if you want to add descriptions, images, etc.

The categories are only created automatically using the full import sheet. You would need at least 1 product in each category, but you could trim out much of the sheet columns to make it simple.

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by athena View Post
    Ok just saw this... Will work on it...
    Thank you for looking through the thread for your answer and glad you found it. Please let us know how things go and if you have any further questions.

Plugin Contributions

I have 300 items listed under one main category (Songs) and none of the items are linked. I'd like to add two sub-categories (vocal & piano) under the Songs category. My plan is to use easy populate 4 to remove all of the items and then re-upload them again with the new categories names (Songs^vocal & Songs^piano) I'm sure ZC will give all of these items new id#'s and am just curious if there is anything I'm missing that may cause complications. I'd hate to have to edit each one of them, that's for sure. Thx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    I have 300 items listed under one main category (Songs) and none of the items are linked. I'd like to add two sub-categories (vocal & piano) under the Songs category. My plan is to use easy populate 4 to remove all of the items and then re-upload them again with the new categories names (Songs^vocal & Songs^piano) I'm sure ZC will give all of these items new id#'s and am just curious if there is anything I'm missing that may cause complications. I'd hate to have to edit each one of them, that's for sure. Thx
    While I advocate EP4 (though also have been known to discuss another similar application), the right tool for the right application. I would actually suggest a rather easier route, especially if you are going to be moving aall of the items, or at least all items in a particular category.

Come to think of it, if that is the only aspect you are looking at changing at the moment it probably would be better to just work with the particular tables that need changing instead. I thought basically the products_to_categories table would be the only thing that would need to be changed to actually do the move of the product from it's current category to the new one. I mean, I might suggest using ep4 to download the data, help identify which should go into which of the other two categories, maybe sort the daata in some way, then download the above table and modify it to match the new location(s) and then upload the new data directly into the database.

Okay, I'm sorry, I'm in a heavy programming mentality at the moment, basically, if the products are deleted, then some of the aspects of the customers history will be lost, but at least a huge time savings can be seen over doing it all manually. On the other hand I am still thinking that I thought I saw a way to move objects in an entire category to another. And if that is the case,I would move them all to one of the two new categories, then would use Ep4 to create a linked version to the second category of those items that should be in the second category, then I thought there waas a way to either reset the master category or in a way remove a linked product from a category or something similar, but in either case, do lots of changes in multiple steps rather than sort of two... :)

It'll provide the end desired result of all the products in two new categories as a sub-category to where they were.

Plugin Contributions

Can products_model be edited/revised using EP4? If yes which module?

Thank you.
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin205 View Post
    Can products_model be edited/revised using EP4? If yes which module?

Thank you.
    No, EP4 does not offer a method to create or modify products_model at this time. The expectation in using it is that the products_model is identified already for each product or upon insert of new products that the products_model be identified.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    No, EP4 does not offer a method to create or modify products_model at this time. The expectation in using it is that the products_model is identified already for each product or upon insert of new products that the products_model be identified.
    Thank you
    Using Zen Cart 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Hi there, I'm having a fairly bizarre issue with the latest version of EP4 downloaded from Github. Recently upgraded the cart from 1.5.1 to 1.5.3, thus needed to upgrade to the latest EP4. After uploading the new files, the EP page appears to load correctly and exports products fine.

However, once I re-upload the changed file and click "Import"... the product information changes *temporarily* but then reverts back to the original once EP import is complete. For example, if I change the product price from $5 to $6, and while the file is being imported/processed, I refresh the front end store product page in another browser tab, and the product price is correctly $6. But as soon as EP finishes importing and says "File Import Completed", I refresh the product page and it's right back to $5.

Any ideas?