Plugin Contributions

Default CKeditor & Ukranian language

Hi, I try to upgrade my shop from 1.3.8a to 1.5. So far, so good

When I saw that the HTMLarea was not loger included I installed CKeditor since it's recommended in several posts.

After installing my first problem was that the editor did not show up on my product page, but only in the page-editor. The solution I found on this forum was to copy all the .js language-files from the original CKE-package. After that the the editor DID show up, but ther was this next problem;

The language that CKE used was Ukrainian by default

Before others encounter this problem, here is the 'solution'; the basic/default language in zen-cart is English and the ISOcode is UK. You probably know where this is going now In the _language.js that comes with CKE, UK is associated with Ukrainian.

So I changed the ISOcode for the English language to EN en all works fine now.

Hope this helps others...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CKeditor & Zen Cart 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Gerjan View Post
    the basic/default language in zen-cart is English and the ISOcode is UK.
    Yes, it will help others to know that they should check whether they've changed their english ISO code from the default of en or en_US to something that conflicts with other official ISO codes.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CKeditor & Ukranian language

Don't know how UK came there I think the problem is in the upgrade of the database. In my first 1.3.7 store I somehow deleted the English version. Everyting worked fine at that time. Even after upgrading to 1.3.8a everything worked.

Now I installed a fresh 1.5 and and upgraded my database from 1.3.8a to 1.5. After the installation I did not pay attention to the languages and ISO codes, but from what Dr.Byte says I now know that it should be en or en_us. So I asume that this 'problem' is somehow caused by an 'old' mistake that now shows up with the upgrade of my database?

But most important, everything works fine now