Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default No Add to Cart Buttons on Product Info Pages

Could someone advise what is going on with this site? There are no 'add to cart' buttons on this template. On the product info pages she has a PayPal button that wants to go into the 'shopping cart' but doesn't add anything. She added the paypal info directly into each product's description field. Which I am sure won't work anyway.

It seems like the Add To Cart buttons and some shopping cart functionality has been disabled. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure where to start looking. Below is a link:
    http://healthypeoplestores.com/index...&products_id=7

Thank you
    Yolanda

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Add to Cart Buttons on Product Info Pages

If you switch to the Classic Template ... does it work?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Are you trying to use Zen Cart to then run a store with PayPal buttons?

Zen Cart is not designed for that ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the responses Linda. Much appreciated. First.. I did not design this store or work on it. Someone came to me wanting to figure out why the PayPal buttons don't work... mmhhh..
    Anyway.. to answer questions 1: I switched to the Classic Template and the 'Add to Cart Button' is further down on the lower right, outside of the present template frame and not active. Can't click on it. In classic mode it looks all out of whack of course.

To answer question 2: I think she wanted to run the whole store on individual PayPal buttons. Why? Beats me. I am going to advise her to switch to Google Express checkout but for now I'm not sure where the whole 'Add to Cart' engine went... Thank you for your assistance.

Yolanda

Plugin Contributions

I really am not sure what you ware doing on that site but it is not using Zen Cart on the buttons but looks like PayPal buttons and Zen Cart does not work that way ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I'm seeing an add to cart button. Did you get this fixed?

Edit: It isn't working, though. It returns a cart empty message.

Plugin Contributions

So far I haven't been doing anything on this site. This was done by someone else. The PayPal buttons were input (PayPal code) into each product's description field when she input the products. She thought she could direct traffic right away to the PayPal site. One product at a time I guess. I told her today that this will not work and is also a rather awkward way of doing this, to put it mildly.

She wants to use now PayPal Express but I can't seem to find the original 'Add to Cart' Buttons and the checkout engine on this site. That's why I am asking. I checked all the admin configurations and everything seems to be okay there. Which templates might she have played with I wonder?

Yolanda

Plugin Contributions

I think what you are seeing is the PayPal button that was manually input into each product via the product description field. She wanted for this to go straight to PayPal but it isn't obviously. Neither should it. The Zen-Cart 'Add to Cart' Button is what I'm looking for that goes into the shopping cart and then into the checkout engine.

Best, Yolanda

Quote Originally Posted by RescoCCC View Post
    I'm seeing an add to cart button. Did you get this fixed?

Edit: It isn't working, though. It returns a cart empty message.

Plugin Contributions

The button is green and reads "add this to my cart". It may be coded to PayPal, though. Normally I'd test it by trying an upload of a fresh copy of tpl_product_info_display.php for the Zen Cart version being used, but since the site is using a Template Monster template that probably wouldn't work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RescoCCC View Post
    The button is green and reads "add this to my cart". It may be coded to PayPal, though. Normally I'd test it by trying an upload of a fresh copy of tpl_product_info_display.php for the Zen Cart version being used, but since the site is using a Template Monster template that probably wouldn't work.
    A new copy of tpl_product_info_display.php might be a good idea to see what happens. The owner of the site took down all the green PayPal buttons. In other words, deleted them from the product description fields. So there's nothing now on the product info pages. No 'add to cart' etc. Just wondering what has been disabled and where? Or is it a template issue?
    Yolanda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast