Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default Admin Pages again

Sorry, another question about admin pages and registration.

Unusually, I am trying to slot a admin page into the original sort order. Normally of course it should appear at the bottom. In this case I am trying to put it under 'featured'. In the past I have just used the same sort order as 'featured'.

When I try that now here are the results I get.

First of all as an example

table admin_pages
    page_parameters - gID=79
    sort_order = 22

table configuration group
    configuration_group_id = 79
    sort_order = 22

When I create those setting manually in phpMyAdmin everything works except that the item appears one line lower than expected. Below All Listing which has a sort order of 23. Which is kind of strange.

If I create those settings programatically then the page is accessible and in the same place in the menu. However the menu items on that page to not show. (If I then edit the sort orders manually they appear which suggests that everything in table configuration is right)

So questions:

Is it possible to put an item directly under an existing item? To explain, I have a mod that creates options for the specials page and it kind of makes sense to put it here as a Specials Listing menu Item.

What does the sort_order in the configuration_group actually do?

It is not a big deal. I'll go back to putting it all at the bottom of the list for the time being but it would be nice to now if it is possible.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by niccol; 6 Jan 2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: I wrote fartured instead of featured