Plugin Contributions

Default Is 1.5.0 supporting NEW Payapl - Digital Goods for Express Checkout?

I sell digital goods on my webstore (as well as physical products). I am using Paypal Expres Checkout for online payment, others simply pay to my bank account.

1)
    Now, Digital content such as e-books, will they work being sold with download link and all using the classic PayPal Express Checkout?

2)
    PayPal have introduced a NEW "Digital Goods for paypal Express Checkout".

Do you know if this new already works with Zen Cart 1.5.0 or do you know how digital content customers can pay and not having to contact me via email (and me sending them digitally to them).

3)
    Here is the PayPal direct link to their new service
    https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...ressCheckoutDG

Thanks in advance as always.
    Now back to continuence of updating the 150.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is 1.5.0 supporting NEW Payapl - Digital Goods for Express Checkout

The "new" javascript-based digital goods feature addition by PayPal IS NOT REQUIRED for selling digital goods in any version of Zen Cart.
    Zen Cart has always supported digital goods purchases via PayPal, or any other payment method.

There is no need for customers to contact you by email for you to send the digital goods to them. Zen Cart handles download delivery automatically.

If you need help with setting up digital download products in your site, please discuss that in a forum thread for that topic.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Good to hear.
    The thing is that customers who have contacted me and got digital content via email/download are those who didint apparently see the download link. And thus regarded it as not possible to use Express checkout.

Now, I have a very small shop and not that many digital content, but will be added in the future.

Do you know if the new Digital content Express Checkhout I linked to PayPal page about, if that will be added to ZenCart at all?

Cheers
    Stefan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post

If you need help with setting up digital download products in your site, please discuss that in a forum thread for that topic.
    I couldnt find that specific topic on the forum.

That said, the doanload products I do have does work to download, but some seem to have had problems.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stefanl View Post
    Do you know if the new Digital content Express Checkhout I linked to PayPal page about, if that will be added to ZenCart at all?
    It may be considered in a future version; however, given that the functionality already works there's no pressing need.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is 1.5.0 supporting NEW Payapl - Digital Goods for Express Checkout?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The "new" javascript-based digital goods feature addition by PayPal IS NOT REQUIRED for selling digital goods in any version of Zen Cart.
    Zen Cart has always supported digital goods purchases via PayPal, or any other payment method.

There is no need for customers to contact you by email for you to send the digital goods to them. Zen Cart handles download delivery automatically.

Makes sence, thanks!