Plugin Contributions

help question What add-ons do you recommend?

Hope this is the right place to post this..

I am happy with my website (ZC v1.3.9h) as far as layout and everything. However, I do realize it needs something to KEEP the visitor interested other than text and images.

I know there are plenty of add ons available. What kind of feature / add on do you recommend that would be interactive or interesting for the visitor?

My site is www.moebow.com
    Owner / Admin
    http://www.moebow.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: What add-ons do you recommend?

Gimmicks like slideshows or fancy stuff on the pages will just add clutter, not make your visitors more interested in your site.

What you need to do, for both SEO and human interest, is add real content written by you (not copied from somewhere else) that informs people about your offerings. Make your site a place for people to come to learn about your products as well as buy them, and they will trust you more and be more willing to stick around and buy.

Also, trim out any elements on your page that are not really needed. Do you have any languages but English? if not, that sidebox is just clutter. Same with currencies, reviews (though you should want those), who's online, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Rather than asking about mods, you might want to submit your site to the Reviewers Corner.

When I end up at an ecommerce site and see ads for other sites, I assume that the ecommerce site owner isn't making any money selling his/her products. I prefer to do business with successful companies. Also, all the ads just provide an easy way for visitors to leave your site. I would turn off all the banners and the Google and Amazon sideboxes before I added anything.

I agree with Glenn - slideshows and the like are mostly annoying and a waste of my time and bandwidth.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Rather than asking about mods, you might want to submit your site to the Reviewers Corner.

When I end up at an ecommerce site and see ads for other sites, I assume that the ecommerce site owner isn't making any money selling his/her products. I prefer to do business with successful companies. Also, all the ads just provide an easy way for visitors to leave your site. I would turn off all the banners and the Google and Amazon sideboxes before I added anything.

I agree with Glenn - slideshows and the like are mostly annoying and a waste of my time and bandwidth.
    Thanks for the comments.

I only added the banners at the bottom for link / banner exchanging to help me get backlinks. Also, why would zen cart have a banner option and sideboxes for google/amazon if it was bad for business?

As for currencies sidebox, I do accept other currencies so can't get rid of that. I will remove the languages box though.

I guess I chose the wrong niche because there isn't really that much to talk about ebooks.. I certainly don't see how to add pages full of info. about them in my own words.

Oh well this is just a hobby on free time anyway.

Thanks all.
    Owner / Admin

Plugin Contributions

The banners can be useful for advertising things on your own site. Community members are free to contribute mods for things they think are useful, whether they are good for everybody or not.

Plugin Contributions

ahh i see, i forgot that was added by community. thanks again .
    Owner / Admin