Thread: IE7 conflicts

Plugin Contributions

Default IE7 conflicts

I am testing a v.1.3.9.h site with a few addons, @font-face rules, addthis tool box and addthis facebook like button.
    http://goo.gl/pylFP

I am encountering a number of bugs that have me stumped.
    The main issue is that the layout requires text from the main column to overlap the logowrapper. This is not a problem in other browsers but in ie7, although the header background is transparent, the text and images are being cut off.

At first i thought perhaps it might be related to the facebook like button (iframe) but stripping a test page seems to point to ContentMainWrapper. I cant figure out how to solve the problem. It may have something to do with overlapping tables or forms. If anyone has any suggestions i would really appreciate it.
    additionally, for some reason, the newline breaks from html_header.php seem to be printing on the page (although this is not only in ie7.)
    any pointers or elp appreciated.
    thanks,
    mei

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IE7 conflicts

I recall that older versions of IE had problems with CSS tweaks like extending elements outside their "real" boundaries.

Since what you want is very much like not having a header all across the top, you could turn the header off and put the logo in the sidebar and the top right links in the main content column.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your suggestion Glenn.
    I do see that if i move the logowrapper and navmainwrapper out of the header then the problem is fixed. however i have a few problems with changing the layout in tpl_main_page.php
    1. the home page actually uses a header.
    2.i thought perhaps about setting up a different tpl_main_page.php file for the home page, butas far as i can tell there isn't a way to do an override folder for the home page (/index would apply to other pages- /index_home doesnt seem to work.)

i guess it could be combined into one tpl_main_page but it would be great if there was a simpler way.
    thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I was annoyed some years ago to find that /index_home/ was not supported, and there is no other way to make a homepage-only tpl_main_page.php. Modifying the base /your_template/ copy of it with if($this_is_home_page) alternates is the best way I know of.

I must say, though, that your homepage "header" could be done perfectly as the top part of define_main_page.php, and keep the same essential structure on all pages.

I wrote but apparently did not actually post a note for you to look at my jewelry site, which puts logo and navbar in the sidebar and category titles at the top of the main column. The homepage looks like it has a full header, but that is done entirely in define_main_page.php.