Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: NZ site - my PayPal pings out when too many products being purchased.

reset master category and update price sort order did not make it work...
    Three weeks ago I installed better together discount module and edit orders.... I wonder if this is related to it....

I did put in a facebook like button on the main page? Can this be related to it?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: NZ site - my PayPal pings out when too many products being purchased.

You're saying that your checkout_shipping page ALSO times out?
    Assuming your shipping page is gathering quotes from a shipping service provider, it looks like your server is having problems initiating external communications for some reason.
    What shipping modules are you using on your site?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    I have tried different products combinations and this seem to be related to the problem. If I add one products of a certain category I cannot proceed all the way to the pay site on paypal,
    Is it truly related to just a certain category? which cPath is it? What's the URL to that category?
    What's unique about these products vs all the rest of the products on your site?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You're saying that your checkout_shipping page ALSO times out?
    Assuming your shipping page is gathering quotes from a shipping service provider, it looks like your server is having problems initiating external communications for some reason.
    What shipping modules are you using on your site?
    I also suspect this problem is not on the site or paypal but my webhost server? Its like it cant handle the information... But some products works fine, no problem at all, I can checkout and pay and everything. But when it comes on too many products, it times out. Also related to products combination for some reason, some products combinations does not work at all...

I am using ZoneRated shipping module and free shipper, but I have not tried/used the free shipper on anything yet...

Plugin Contributions

Is it truly related to just a certain category? which cPath is it? What's the URL to that category?
    What's unique about these products vs all the rest of the products on your site?
    Well no not really, If i order just that item I can proceed fine, that is not a problem, sometimes I can add another item and it works.

have to go to work, will continue this later

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is your PayPal Debug Logging enabled? http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199
    Turn it on and do a test transaction which "breaks", and then zip the logs and PM me with a link to where I can download that zip.

Plugin Contributions

I just tested my site on one of the computer et polytech, added heaps of products even the ones that used to time out on my computer and everything works fine? Seem to be my internet explorer that time out? Loading time is long from my site because I have so many attributes under products. Although I wonder if other costumer might have same problem as me on my computer then?

I have spilled a cup of coffee over it twice though

Although I did email my webhost two hours ago, they might have fixed something.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    Loading time is long from my site because I have so many attributes under products
    If you've assigned a LOT of attributes to individual products, then the page will be slow because it has to prepare and then download all those attributes to the browser.
    Many people make the mistake of putting too many unnecessary attributes on their products, and find that fine-tuning their attributes yields good results.

But that's unlikely to be related to any problems making payment for an order.

Plugin Contributions

If you've assigned a LOT of attributes to individual products, then the page will be slow because it has to prepare and then download all those attributes to the browser.
    Many people make the mistake of putting too many unnecessary attributes on their products, and find that fine-tuning their attributes yields good results.

But that's unlikely to be related to any problems making payment for an order.
    I've fine tuned them a lot over the year, the time it takes to load is not a problem really.

I'm glad the problem is solved, i will conclude it is my internet explorer that is timing out. Must be some setting I have to change.

Works FINE here at polytech, and I placed all kinds of products, and a huge amount too.

I will just have to wait and see if any costumer will email about it now.

Plugin Contributions

Works mint in Firefix and Google chrome... INternet explorer is a strange web browser

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12