Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Seperate shipping method by category - USPS with FLAT rate for 1 master category

PERFECT.. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Seperate shipping method by category - USPS with FLAT rate for 1 master category

You are most welcome ... sorry for the typos ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This sounds like a solution for my issue as well but need it for UPS rather than USPS. I don't know PHP so is there any changes that need to be made to customize for UPS?

Does template override need to be used or upload over original file?

Plugin Contributions

This thread has been very helpful and I've installed the code and it's working.

My problem is: I want to add a book section to my shop, with subcategories. Using the parent or top category doesn't work. I used parent_id (instead of master_category_id) in the code - because that's the name of the field in the database - but obviously that's wrong because then none of the shipping modules would work and the site crashed.

The parent_id for my book category is 426 and currently I have two subcategories with master_category_id's of 431 and 428... using the code above I can only use a per item rate on one of those master categories. I expect to have a dozen book categories when I get this going, so I'd like a media mail rate for the entire section.

Thank you for any advice on this.

Plugin Contributions

Can you add more than one category id to that code, separated by commas? I suppose I could try that. I don't know enough about PHP. I'm good at copy and paste though.

Plugin Contributions

Default MEDIA MAIL rates for specific products or categories?

I want to add a book section to my shop, and if the only thing they're ordering is books then I need the checkout to switch over to MEDIA MAIL shipping quotes.

I found a partial solution under the thread, Seperate shipping method by category - USPS with FLAT rate for 1 master category and I posted a question there -- but it wasn't discovered apparently.

But the solution in that thread only allows for assigning ONE master category ID for flat rate shipping. I need about a dozen book categories (under one parent ID) and I would rather use true USPS media mail shipping - but if the flat rate is a better work-around, then that's fine.

Are other people having this problem? I'm the only one selling books as well as other items through my shop? That seems a little surprising.
    I've searched the forum and there doesn't seem to be much info on MEDIA MAIL even though this is a very significant shipping category for anyone who sells books or DVDs.

Plugin Contributions

If you mean for this code:
    Code:
    // bof: turn off if only Category 5 based on master_categories_id
          if (!IS_ADMIN_FLAG) {
            global $db, $cart;
            // check how many products are in the cart for products_id 12, 17, 18
            $chk_products = 0;
            $chk_products += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id', '5');
            if ($chk_products == $_SESSION[cart]->count_contents()) {
              // turn off shipping module
              $this->enabled = false;
            }
          }
    // eof: turn off if only Category 5 based on master_categories_id
    You could use for Category 5 and 7:
    Code:
    // bof: turn off if only Category 5 and Category 7 based on master_categories_id
          if (!IS_ADMIN_FLAG) {
            global $db, $cart;
            $chk_products = 0;
            $chk_products += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id', '5');
            $chk_products += $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id', '7');
            if ($chk_products == $_SESSION[cart]->count_contents()) {
              // turn off shipping module
              $this->enabled = false;
            }
          }
    // eof: turn off if only Category 5 and Category 7 based on master_categories_id
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12