Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sending order data to a script

You're probably right about thinking you need to check the server's logs. But I'm guessing it's your server's mod_sec logs you need, and that you've probably tripped a rule that's intended to block hackers because something you're passing is very similar.

The script you're posting TO isn't running any Zen Cart code, is it?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: Sending order data to a script

It turned out to be a PHP error after all, including a problem from calling that submit_form function from within the class. There was also an error in the urlencode code for countries. Here's the finished product, which will post to our custom script every time a new item is ordered and paid for. Thanks very much for your help.
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    class orderNotifier extends base {
    function 
    orderNotifier() {
    # $this->attach($this, array('NOTIFY_CHECKOUT_PROCESS_BEGIN', 'NOTIFY_HEADER_START_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT', 'NOTIFIER_CART_SHOW_TOTAL_START'));
    $this->attach($this, array('NOTIFY_ORDER_AFTER_SEND_ORDER_EMAIL'));
    }
    function 
    update(&$Class$notifier$paramsArray) {
    $num $paramsArray[0];
    $cust $Class->customer;
    $country urlencode($cust['country']['title']);
    foreach (
    $cust as $k => $v)
    if (!
    is_array($v))
    $cust[$k] = urlencode($v);
    $inf $Class->info;
    if (
    $inf['order_status'] == 2) {
    foreach(
    $Class->products as $prod) {
    $url 'http://www.yoururl.com/yourpage.php?num=' $num '&firstname=' $cust['firstname'] . '&lastname=' $cust['lastname'] . '&email=' $cust['email_address'] . '&company=' $cust['company'] . '&address=' $cust['street_address'] . '&city=' $cust['city'] . '&state=' $cust['state'] . '&postcode=' $cust['postcode'] . '&country=' $country '&telephone=' $cust['telephone'] . '&qty=' $prod['qty'] . '&prod_name=' urlencode($prod['name']) . '&id=' urlencode($prod['id']);
    $ch curl_init();
    curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_INTERFACE'yourip');
    curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_URL$url);
    curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_TIMEOUT20);
    curl_setopt($chCURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER1);
    $data curl_exec($ch);
    }
    }
    }
    }
    ?>
    J.J. Meddaugh
    http://www.atguys.com

Plugin Contributions

It looks like y'all knocked this out pretty well. I have a couple of questions, so I can understand how this was accomplished.

Is 'NOTIFY_ORDER_AFTER_SEND_ORDER_EMAIL' the event that happens when an admin changes the order status via the drop down in the orders area?

Where does the new php code go? in orders.php somewhere? If so is this really the only file that gets modified in this mod?

Thanks

Paul

Plugin Contributions

How do I find out what other variables are available like this one? $cust['lastname']

For example I'm after customer ID, I'll bet it's $cust['id'], but I imagine there is a defining location for it. I used the DEV tool kit and found all kinds of things, but nothing definate.

Thanks

Paul

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by glitzsfa View Post
    Is 'NOTIFY_ORDER_AFTER_SEND_ORDER_EMAIL' the event that happens when an admin changes the order status via the drop down in the orders area?
    No. It's only related to the storefront side. It has nothing to do with the admin side.
    If you're targeting admin-related updates, that's a completely separate topic beyond the scope of the discussion in this thread.
    Where does the new php code go? in orders.php somewhere? If so is this really the only file that gets modified in this mod?
    See my first post in this thread, as it contains links to examples which answer that question.

How do I find out what other variables are available like this one? $cust['lastname']
    You can output your own debug code for seeing what else is in the $cust array by using something like this in your code:
    Code:
     die('$cust data=' . print_r($cust, true));

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I'm successfully sending product information to my external notifier. However, I also need to extract the attributes for a given product. Is there an attributes class under products tha can get me this, or is there another prefered way?
    I'm using the code from earlier in this thread.
    J.J. Meddaugh

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When hooking the NOTIFY_ORDER_AFTER_SEND_ORDER_EMAIL notifier point, the $Class->products array contains many components, including a sub-array of all that product's attributes details. So, you've already got all that information.

Plugin Contributions

Great. I added this and am now sending attributes with the data as well.

foreach($prod['attributes'] as $attr) {
    $url .= '&attr_' . $attr['option_id'] . '=' . urlencode($attr['value']);
    }

Thanks for the help.
    J.J. Meddaugh

Plugin Contributions

Rather than doing the various print_r's when I'm in 'debug mode', I use the Super Globals plugin and (when enabled) have it dump "all" the superglobals. That way, I've got clues as to the various data elements that were created as part of the page.

Plugin Contributions

That's a cool idea.
    One minor problem.
    It doesn't seem to be firing when the customer uses Paypal as payment method.
    I'm currently using NOTIFY_ORDER_AFTER_SEND_ORDER_EMAIL.
    Should I be using a different notifier to catch these orders?
    J.J. Meddaugh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast