Plugin Contributions

Default 1.5 and addons--question

In the new 1.5 I notice that the admin/includes/boxes directory has been totally removed

many of the addons that i have installed had files in there for functioning...

gv_admin.dhtml.php -- gv edit
    notes_buttons.php -- admin notes
    reports_dhtml.php -- sales report 3.03

then in the extra _boxes>

image_handler_tools_dhtml.php -- IH3
    notes_extras_dhtml.php
    providers_tools_dhtml.php -- private area addon
    sales_report_reports_dhtml.php
    wishlist_extras_dhtml.php --wishlist 1.62 (I think)

Is that why many addons are not functioning right? Would we be able to add these files to the main admin/includes folder to get the functions back?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5 and addons--question

Those "boxes" folders were for adding menu items. That approach is now obsolete. Those folders are ignored - intentionally.

But converting addons for v1.5 compatibility requires two primary things:
    a) rebuilding the menu options by inserting the required page associations into the database.
    b) rewriting all forms to use the POST method instead of GET whenever those forms trigger UPDATE statements of any sort into the database. GET parameters should only be used for things like filters, and even then they need to be sanitized. In fact, the other part of form rewriting is that ALL inputs need to be sanitized before use.

If you don't do those things then your admin won't show the menu options, and even if they did they might be non-functional because if the forms aren't rewritten and sanitized then all updates will just redirect you to the admin home screen instead of doing the action required/expected.

There are other forum threads discussing the "how to" of these things.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

yea the admin notes one worked with adding a link to admin page but once the actual "boxes" fodler got removed totally then the link left too...lol

I was just wondering, all the coding part is waaaay over my febble little noggin so sure hope the creators of our mods get to updating their items.

I have also contacted the creator of our private area mod to see if he plans an update to his files cause if not then I fear am going to be stuck in 1.39h until he does...or someone comes up with a comparable --easy to use--equivalent of his item.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you'll need to share the mod so that someone can see the code and offer to upgrade it and post the upgrade back for you and the community to share.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Perhaps you'll need to share the mod so that someone can see the code and offer to upgrade it and post the upgrade back for you and the community to share.
    I would if I could but it is a paid for mod...Custom Scriptz created it. It works really good but without the boxes folder it will not work in 1.5

I did contact him in his store form to see if he will be upgrading it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    But converting addons for v1.5 compatibility requires two primary things:
    a) rebuilding the menu options by inserting the required page associations into the database.
    b) rewriting all forms to use the POST method instead of GET

<snip>

There are other forum threads discussing the "how to" of these things.
    Can you point me to one of them? Especially how to 'rebuild the menu options'. I seem to keep going around in circles with my searches.

I'd rather avoid having to modify any core files if possible,

Cheers
    Rod

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. all sorted.

Rod