Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can I use perweightunit module for a selection of products and UPS for others?

Hello, I have searched around and not really found an answer to this.
    Is it posible to have some items in my store ship with perweightunit module and others ship with UPS. If so can someone please tell me how?
    bascially what I want to do is offer a different falt rate price for different proucts by one manufacturer and send the rest by other manufacturers UPS.
    Any help would be great!
    Thank you
    www.gomangofitness.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I use perweightunit module for a selection of products and UPS for others?

Could you give an example of what the shipping is when:

1 Product quantity 1 from this manufacturer is ordered?

1 Product quantity 2 from this manufacturer is ordered?

2 Products quantity 1 from this manufacturer is ordered?

2 Products quantity 2 from this manufacturer is ordered?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I use perweightunit module for a selection of products and UPS for others?

thanks for responding!
    Okay this is really what I am going for.
    We sell exercise equipment, we have a couple different treadmill providers, plus all kinds of weights, cages and that sort of thing. I would like the treadmills from one carrier (Compnay X) to have a flat rate of shipping of $150, the bikes of the same carier to be 125, the treadmills from another carrier (company y) to be $200 flat rate, this carriers bikes to be $175 and then all other items to be shipped by UPS.
    1 treadmill quantity 1 from company X= $150

1 treadmill quantity 2 from company X= $300

Treadmill and bike, 1 each from from company X =$275

1 treadmill quantity 1 from company X, 1 treadmill quantity 1 from company Y= $350

Basically I want a way to select which shipping mode each item uses. If I could use the perweightunit for some and UPS for the rest that would be great.
    Is that possible?
    Thanks so much for any help!

Plugin Contributions

I may have thought of a workaround if this option is not going to work. Is there a way to have a coupon add money to a price?
    Instead of working with a shipping mess I would use a coupon code to offer flat rate shipping based on the item.
    Can that be done?

Plugin Contributions

Default Is there a way to have a coupon add money to the cost of an item?

can a coupon code apply an increase to the price? in this case -
    I want to offer many different flat rates for shipping many different items, but still have UPS for all the remaining items on my site.
    Is there a way that a coupon code could apply the flat rate price to the total at check.
    ie - it costs $175 to flat rate ship this one treadmill, can I offer a coupon code that applies $175 to the price at the checkout?
    I have a thread going about a way to do this properly with a shipping module of some kind but have had little luck with what I have found in my research about this. I am waiting to hear back on that, but am wondering if this could be done, in case my shipping is just too complex.
    Any help would be appreciated greatly

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is there a way to have a coupon add money to the cost of an item?

No, coupons are designed to decrease the cost, not increase it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There is no way to add an if statement that means when a - symbol is present to add the value to the price?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bonniedevil View Post
    There is no way to add an if statement that means when a - symbol is present to add the value to the price?
    Just like what DrByte says "NO" because coupons decreases the costs not increase costs. Plus if you did it that way I wouldn't pay more for an item with a coupon.

Plugin Contributions

How about using the Per Weight Unit module? Assign each product a weight that equals the price of the shipping and make the multiplier 1.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

How many Products have this different shipping method?

What happens when I have regular Products in the shopping cart and add a Tread Mill to the order?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast