Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

OK, I need some help, and I am not sure if this is the correct spot.
    I have upgraded to v1.5.

I am doing a re-write for purchase orders, which is essential for my clients store.

everything up to this point is working fine until i try to view the order in admin.

I have traced my error to the order class in admin.

I have successfully added a new column in zen_orders however under function query, when I insert the purchase_order_number. It just crashes the view/edit order.

original
    Code:
        function query($order_id) {
          global $db;
          $order = $db->Execute("select cc_cvv, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address,
                                        customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_id,
                                        customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone,
                                        customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name,
                                        delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb,
                                        delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country,
                                        delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company,
                                        billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode,
                                        billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id,
                                        coupon_code, payment_method, payment_module_code, shipping_method, shipping_module_code,
                                        cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency,
                                        currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified,
                                        order_total, order_tax, ip_address
                                 from " . TABLE_ORDERS . "
                                 where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");
    after i insert purchase order
    Code:
        function query($order_id) {
          global $db;
          $order = $db->Execute("select cc_cvv, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address,
                                        customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_id,
                                        customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone,
                                        customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name,
                                        delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb,
                                        delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country,
                                        delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company,
                                        billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode,
                                        billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id,
                                        coupon_code, payment_method, payment_module_code, shipping_method, shipping_module_code,
                                        cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, currency,
                                        currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified,
                                        order_total, order_tax, ip_address, purchase_order_number
                                 from " . TABLE_ORDERS . "
                                 where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");
    i get "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again." when I try to look at the order in admin.

Help what am I doing wrong or missing.

Thanks
    My modules: Purchase Order Basic
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning error ... I need your help

Quote Originally Posted by l3ackdraft View Post
    "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."
    A search in the FAQs for your error message brings up this article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=412

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Well let me ask you this Doc.
    Can you tell me or point me into a direction, where i can include the the purchase_order_number from the sql without "hacking" the orders.php class file.
    Is this even possible.
    My modules: Purchase Order Basic
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's the actual SQL error message?

You can't merely add a random field name to a query if that field doesn't exist in the table you're querying. So, if you're getting an SQL error that tells you a certain field doesn't exist, then ... well ... it doesn't exist. Maybe you've got a typo on the field name. Maybe you added the field to the wrong table or the wrong database. All kinds of things could be wrong with what you've done. Without the actual SQL error, it's just a guess.

As for whether you need to hack the core code, that all depends on whether you need the functionality you're hacking into the code. Maybe you can live without it? If not, then unless there's a notifier hook in the code you'll need to alter the code. In v1.x there aren't many notifier hooks in the admin side, for technical reasons.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I just upgraded from v1.39g to 1.5 and I experienced the same problem.

I did as DR recommended and checked the cache log files. It told me that there was no order_status file in DB. I updated the db sucessfully but for some reason order_status disappeared.

I have updated 5 other sites and never experienced the probelm.

I just copied the order_status file from a working v1.5 DB thru my control panel phpmyadmin.

Check your cache log files, its probably something very similar.

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Just an FYI for anyone having this issue, here's what happened to me and why.

I was getting this error as well, after making a change to allow for PHP to run within EZ-Pages (private site, no security risks that are major - beware when doing this, however).

The error, after viewing the log files in /cache turned out to be that the database I was referring to within my PHP code was a different one than Zen uses, and it was throwing an error from the query_factory.php file. So, I prefixed the tables from my foreign database and imported them to the database running Zen (different prefix so that anyone would know at a glance that they're not zen tables) and voila!, no more error displayed and all looks swell.

The moral of the story is: this project (Zen) is simply wonderful. The community is helpful and if you are diligent and read everything about any problems which others experience which are at all *similar* to yours, you'll likely find the answer.

Thank you Zen team...coffee's on me come payday.

-R
    Last edited by BouncerFL; 29 Nov 2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: added URL for reference
    ++++++++++++++++
    Subtle as the 'b' in subtle.