Plugin Contributions

Default Coupon restrictions

Just noticed this with 1.3.9h and don't see any mention of a fix in the 1.5 release notes.

If setting up a coupon and restricting (allow) it to one category I am able to purchase products within this category and use the coupon as expected. Any other product I purchase will not receive the discount.

However, if I have multiple category restrictions (allow) set up for a coupon then any product I purchase (regardless of which category it's in) appears to be discounted.

The way to work around this is to set the "Top" category action to "Deny".

Shouldn't coupons behave in the same way if they have restrictions set up on just one or several categories?

Hope this helps,

Alex

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Coupon restrictions

Using 1.5, I noticed a similar issue with the coupons.

Let me first state, there really should be an option to restrict coupons from being used on items already set as specials!

But I was hoping to work around that by creating a "Specials" category and adding a "deny" restriction to the coupon. That seems to work fine... IF Specials is the master category for an item. But in this situation, it never would be since "Specials" would be a temporarily linked category. If an item is added to "specials" (a category which the coupon is told to "deny") as a non-master category, the restriction is ignored.

On previous versions I have added individual product restrictions to all active coupons when items are set to "special." But that gets to be a real pain in the ######## when there are a lot of coupons active. (Which is often the case for this store.)

Is there a way to tweak this to fix this, or can this be made a priority bug fix? ...Please?
    Last edited by artjewl; 22 Jan 2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Really, a 4-letter-word for "rear end" starting with B is censored?