Plugin Contributions

Default USPS January 22, 2012

The announcements for today say the new USPS shipping module is available. I looked at the install/download page and it says "This is the upgrade for USPS January 22, 2012"
    It also says for 1.5.0.
    I'm on 1.3.9h and plan on staying for a few more months. So first question - does this upgrade apply to 1.3.9h?
    Second question - before I go and remove the old, install the new - I'm wondering just what it's supposed to do. I only have US shipping turned on in my (now old) USPS module. I offer priority, first class, parcel post (and free shipping from the free shipping module.) Orders received today have the new rates on them. I went in posing as a customer and got quotes on a few carts, went to the USPS website and compared them to the quotes there - they are updated.

So if I'm getting the right postage costs with the current module, is there a reason for me to upgrade?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS January 22, 2012

The new Free Software add on for the January 22, 2012 will work for the v1.3.9 as well ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Will that update work for version 1.3.7 as well? I uploaded the usps.php file from Jan 2011 and received 3 error msgs and the USPS module disappeared. I reinstalled the old file and the module is back. I will be upgrading when I have a several hours to set aside to do it.

Thanks.
    Cheryl
    Cheryl

Plugin Contributions

I have not tried it on such an old, out dated, buggy and insecure version ...

You can try it and see if it works ...

NOTE: it is strongly advised that you upgrade as soon as you can ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!