Plugin Contributions

Default Restrict usage of contact us page to registered users

I was wondering if there is a way to restrict usage of the contact us page to registered users only?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Restrict usage of contact us page to registered users

If you are using version 1.3.8 you need to upgrade immediately. The version you are using has serious security vulnerabilities.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I'd like to update, but some of the modules I have installed won't work in 1.3.9. I have the 1.3.8a version with security patch and also some server side security in the admin section. Up and running since 2 years now without probs.

Plugin Contributions

Why would you want to restrict the contact page to registered users only? Doing so might very well cost you the opportunity to land sales by responding to pre-sale inquiries.

Plugin Contributions

The services offered are complex, not a standard "buy product xyz" thing. We currently spend a lot of time answering these "pre-sales" enquiries. Because we are not that happy with the actual "customer contact by email" signup rate, we thought about restricting the contact us functions for the general public. Paying clients should be able to contact us at anytime.

Simple reason is we need to (manually, by email) ask for all the information the "sign up link" (which is actually a product with many option values) would do automatically. Problem is we need to provide some basic advice to a potential new client using the contact form in order to keep him interested. You can't simply post a link with the product ordering page saying "for more click and order here" without offending the client.

In an ideal scenario the new client would provide all information we need for an initial consultation through option values, text fields and radio buttons and once he clicks the "add to cart" button he is presented with the login/payment page.

We hope to work more efficiently that way and to attract more quality clients. In addition there is saving potential for us, as we would need less staff to run the business.

I read the other topic re. this matter, but the only thing that was offered was a third party provider who ensures no spam is being sent. But that is already stopped using the Captcha modules and local laws prevent us from outsourcing data to third parties.

As far as I could determine, the only solution would be to completely disable the contact form and use say a PHPBB forum instead (let ZC do the signups/billing only).

I was hoping to share thoughts with ZC users in a similar situation.

Plugin Contributions

You could embed a contact form in an EZ page. There are threads in the forums which describe how to restrict viewing any EZ page(s) to those who are logged in.