Plugin Contributions

Default How do I modify "New Products For" (month) title on the main page?

I have three languages on my site:

I tested one language (Simplified Chinese) which is the second icon in the language icons, just beside Eng.

I modified
    /includes/includes/languages/schinese/products_new.php
    and /includes/includes/languages/schinese/site_map.php

However, the "New Products For" for Chinese version remains no change, and when I do a search in Developer Toolkit, it shows no change. But when I retrieve the server side file to local, it shows the wording has been updated.

Isn't this weird? what's wrong? I can't understand this. If the file has been updated, why I can still see it in the Developer Tool Kit?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I modify "New Products For" (month) title on the main page?

I just did the same search for English version for "New Products For" in Developer Tool Kit, I found 6 files containing the phrase, however, I checked one by one, they are all commented out, then how the phrase is generated?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mdivk View Post
    I just did the same search for English version for "New Products For" in Developer Tool Kit, I found 6 files containing the phrase, however, I checked one by one, they are all commented out, then how the phrase is generated?
    I don't see the english.php file on your list. As far as I can recall the title of this box is defined within it. However I don't think it changes it just for your homepage, it will change it for all instances where that box is used. I am not entirely sure though, hopefully someone can correct or confirm.

The path to this file is - includes/languages/english.php. I created an override folder and placed this file into it, not sure if you have aswell. If so, the path is - includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english.php

Plugin Contributions

moesoap is right. My own search in the Developers Tool Kit turned up several files with the definition commented out, but all versions of english.php contain the definition. I don't know where it would appear in a foreign language.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey