Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Canada Post Updating

I can't figure how to specify that certain quantity of small items can fit in a box, and only beyond that quantity the box size will increase.
    My install: was Vanilla 1.3.9h, now 1.5.5b, Apache 2.4, PHP 7.0.6, MySQL 5.5.8 64b, Windows 7 64b, 8GB RAM, i3 3.3gHz
    Modules: [Payment=Paypal] [Shipping=Canada Post 1.5.3 merged] [nonCAPTCHA]

You don't specify a box size in Zencart, you do this at CPC

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
    You don't specify a box size in Zencart, you do this at CPC
    Yeah, that's what I am referring to. I have box size in CP mod and that's it. How can I specify that small items first have to fill that box and only then box size would have to grow?
    My install: was Vanilla 1.3.9h, now 1.5.5b, Apache 2.4, PHP 7.0.6, MySQL 5.5.8 64b, Windows 7 64b, 8GB RAM, i3 3.3gHz

Plugin Contributions

Now I am confused with setting up CP module: Sell Online supplied me with Customer number (000.....), account name and password.
    The module setup wants Customer ID - what is that? And there is no field for a password...

I suggest you read the documentation that comes with the add on very carefully and all the answers especially for lettermail are in the support section for the add on

Plugin Contributions

Sell Online is something different that the Canada Post Module for Zen Cart. You can use the former to make a little online shop on Canada Post server, or to generate shipping stamps and such but it does not integrate in any way with Zen Cart.

When setting up Zen Module you have to get a free account from Canada Post - that will give you an id name and password, both probably starting with CPC_

You then access that account from the Canada Post Module side bar in admin/configures/modules/shipping/CanadaPost

That is where you define which services you will use and define the box sizes you will use.

For each product, you have to give a length, width, height in your product description. In the Canada Post module you have to define boxes that will hold these items. AND you have to give the dimensions in the same sequence...ie don't use width, height, length, instead of length-width-height.

If you want to combine items for shipping you need to define additional boxes that will hold the multiples. And you need to keep the lengths, widths, and heights properly sorted - the module won't figure out how to turn one item sideways to fit in a box. You don't have to do this, but if you don't it will calculate shipping for three separate boxes for three items instead of one bigger box.

And likewise, you want a big enough selection of boxes in your defines that it doesn't put a 6" item in a 36" box.

I've been using CanadaPost module from zc 1.3.7 all the way up to my current 1.3.9h (I've been too chicken to upgrade to 1.5 yet - waiting from someone more knowledgeable than I to update the CP mod.)

Plugin Contributions

There is a something that I can't figure: the 'handling cost'.
    The cost of box and beans, as well as scotch tape and sticker has to be factored in and I've added it in my Sell Online account, but it's not getting added.
    How can I make sure that ZC is using my account's settings when querying shipping cost from CP?

Or should I ditch handling cost at SO and use module's handling cost?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by one tall man View Post
    There is a something that I can't figure: the 'handling cost'.
    The cost of box and beans, as well as scotch tape and sticker has to be factored in and I've added it in my Sell Online account, but it's not getting added.
    How can I make sure that ZC is using my account's settings when querying shipping cost from CP?

Or should I ditch handling cost at SO and use module's handling cost?
    Canada Post SELL ONLINE has nothing to do with Zen Cart and it doesn't interact with it in any way. It is not the same thing as the Canada Post shipping module for Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

That contradicts the information in the module itself:

InstallCP.txt:
    "Also you need SellOnline profile with Canada Post"
    Module configuration:
    Enter CanadaPost Server
    Canada Post server.
    (default: sellonline.canadapost.ca)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by one tall man View Post
    That contradicts the information in the module itself:

InstallCP.txt:

Module configuration:
    Yes - I know it's confusing.

SellOnline is a broad group of services - you can use it sort of like Paypal services where you can add bits and pieces of services to an existing web site rather than setting up an ecom site like a zen cart. You can also use it to buy shipping supplies and such or even set up a SellOnline shop via their site. These things have nothing to do with zen cart.

However, the free account number you need to link the zen cart module is obtained via the same Canada Post web section. But you need to specifically tell them that you are linking the zen cart module, as opposed to availing of the other services.

I struggled with this back in zc 1.3.7 days!

There is a phone number in the install txt file in the mod. I found I got better sorted to phone than dig around their web site. They were very helpful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast