Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS module issue

Quote Originally Posted by haredo View Post
    admin panel/ configuration/ shippingandpackaging/ Package Tare Small to Medium - added percentage:weight

set to 0:0
    Thank-you, thank-you! It is fixed! I messed that up completely!

Thank-you sooo much!

Julie

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for the update that this is working for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

This is embarrassing, but I *may* have spoken too soon.

I'm using PayPal Express, and when I send a test order to PayPal, it doesn't show any shipping for the order. It shows the order subtotal and the taxable amount, if the order is supposed to be taxed. But no shipping.

If I then cancel and return to the shop, it takes me to the next order step where I can choose from the shipping options. Once I've done that, it displays correctly on the PayPal Express checkout page.

I'm not sure if:

a) This is fine; that shipping will be added at the next step of the order. Since I can't send my own test order all the way through PayPal, I have no way of testing that.

b) USPS isn't sending the shipping costs to PayPal.

c) PayPal isn't recognizing the data for the shipping costs, and therefore not going to charge them.

In a few days I can have a friend send through a test order and see what happens. But I can't afford to have my biz site down that long. I need to find out if this is a problem, and get it resolved.

Anyone have any handy hints? Or do I need to call PayPal?

Thanks in advance (again). ;)

Julie

Plugin Contributions

If you display the PayPal Express button on the Shopping Cart page, and use it for checkout you will not see Shipping the first time you go to PayPal ...

If you use the regular checkout you will see the shipping when you check out ...

Did you try to do a complete checkout to see how this works?

If you prefer the customer to always see shipping on PayPal, you can turn off the PayPal button on the shopping cart page ... then, when they go to checkout they can select their shipping before they go to PayPal ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

If you display the PayPal Express button on the Shopping Cart page, and use it for checkout you will not see Shipping the first time you go to PayPal ...
    But it is being charged?

If you prefer the customer to always see shipping on PayPal, you can turn off the PayPal button on the shopping cart page ... then, when they go to checkout they can select their shipping before they go to PayPal ...
    How do I turn it off? I tried, but it seemed like no matter which of the little boxes I unchecked, nothing about the way it worked changed.

Plugin Contributions

If you go to the Modules ... Payment ... and edit the PayPal Express Checkout ... you should see:
    Code:
    Express Checkout Shortcut Button
    The Express Checkout Shortcut button shows up on your shopping cart page to invite your customers to pay using PayPal without having to give all their address details on your site first before selecting shipping options.
    It has been shown to increase sales and conversions when enabled.
    Default: On

On
    Off
    Turn it off ...

If it still shows, then your templates and overrides file is out of date and does not have this code in it ...

To fix that, compare your templates and overrides file for:
    tpl_shopping_cart_default.php

and merge in the code ...

In the original file, you should see the start if the code:
    Code:
    <!-- ** BEGIN PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT ** -->
    Using something like Beyond Compare from scootersoftware.com makes this easier ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Okay; thanks. I'm still going bonkers trying to fix some other issues, but I'll come back to this.

Sadly, I've noticed that when I edit a product's weight, the entire description for the product disappears!

And I can't remember where to find the pages to fix the page names (page 2, page 3) where they show up on the front page and site map.... I know I had that fixed before!

Too many changes all at once.

Plugin Contributions

Honestly, I'm just as happy to keep it turned on, IF the postage is going to be charged correctly.

PayPal won't let me send through a test order, and the friend I usually have do that for me is out of town for a few days.

I have a disclaimer up on my front page saying the site may have issues for a few days while I fix all this. But the absolute lack of sales since I started this here "upgrade" is making me nervous. Weekends are usually pretty busy.

Plugin Contributions

Dragon,
    Here is a tip I use when I edit a core file or override ..

I will add a line to the .php file above what i a changing or close ..
    <!--MSC-->
    These are my initials so when I use the developers tool kit under admin panel/ tools and do a search i can view all files I changed ..

I sent you a PM also ...
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by haredo View Post
    Dragon,
    Here is a tip I use when I edit a core file or override ..

I will add a line to the .php file above what i a changing or close ..
    These are my initials so when I use the developers tool kit under admin panel/ tools and do a search i can view all files I changed ..

I sent you a PM also ...
    Ahhhhhaaa! Such an easy thing...but such a grand idea!!! From now on, I will do that so I'm not searching through so much spaghetti!

Thanks!

Julie

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast