[Fixed v1.5.1] Product types Admin Access
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere. I have had a look and can't find it.
Do product types work with admin profiles?
Here's what I did.
1. Create a custom product type as normal.
2. Realise that a user other than superuser can't edit that product type because product_custom.php is no registered as an admin page.
3. So, I thought I'd just make an admin page for it ( as there is one for product.php)
4. That was fine.
5. But when I try and check/uncheck it in an admin profile it has no effect.
6. When I enter the row into the admin_pages_to_profiles table then the user can use the custom product. So it all works fine except the checking and uncheckng of that particular page but relies on putting the row in by hand.
However, I went back and see that the same thing happens if I use, for example, product_music.
Once again is there something I am missing?
By dannyd in forum Setting Up Categories, Products, Attributes
Last Post: 3 Apr 2013, 06:27 AM
By spacejamz in forum Setting Up Categories, Products, Attributes
Last Post: 4 Jul 2012, 08:32 PM
By sewingzfun in forum Setting Up Categories, Products, Attributes
Last Post: 19 Apr 2011, 02:17 PM
By bugboy in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
Last Post: 15 Oct 2009, 04:15 PM
By feolindo in forum Customization from the Admin
Last Post: 24 Aug 2008, 07:50 AM
Content and Graphics Copyright (c) 2003 - 2013 Zen Ventures, LLC - all rights reserved
Zen Cart® is a Registered Trademark of Zen Ventures, LLC