Plugin Contributions

Default Adding Customer Company to Welcome Email

I'm working with a client using Zencart version 1.3.9h. She wants to add the customers' company name to the welcome email.

The file I'm editing is /includes/languages/english/MY_TEMPLATE/create_account.php

As a guess, I tried inserting
    . ACCOUNT_COMPANY .
    but most likely that variable isn't defined since it didn't show the customers' company when I ran a test. Is there a variable already defined for the customers company that I can paste in there or how would I accomplish this?

Thanks,

Jim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Customer Company to Welcome Email

Client refined her request on this. She wants the customers company name added onto the $EXTRA_INFO variable at the bottom of the /email/email_template_welcome.html page. Any suggestions on where that is defined and how to add the customers' company name to that variable?

Thanks,

Jim

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by blarney View Post
    Client refined her request on this. She wants the customers company name added onto the $EXTRA_INFO variable at the bottom of the /email/email_template_welcome.html page. Any suggestions on where that is defined and how to add the customers' company name to that variable?

Thanks,

Jim
    functions_email.php contains a function which prepares the extra-info section of the email content. Add your additional custom code to that file. Remember that you'll need to re-do that during future upgrades.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for pointing me to the functions_email.php file. I've tried to add
    . OFFICE_IP_ADDRESS .
    and several other guesses but since I don't know what I'm doing (obviously), nothing I tried worked. I'd be very appreciative if anyone could tell me what to use to get the customers' company name in there or if I need to define it further elsewhere, what should be used to make that show up.

Thanks for the assistance!

Jim