Plugin Contributions

Default Blank page after changing .com to .eu

If someone would; I could also use some help with a very similar same issue.

I have moved my website from one .COM domain to another (.EU) following the guide http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server. Since I did not change my host I left the database where it was and made both configuration.php files refer to the old situation.

I've followed all the steps but now I get a blank page (I also can login the admin part of the site). The log shows no recent errors. However I still get the blank page and have no idea where to look now

I do not get any error messages, and I have made no alterations to the original files.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank page after changing .com to .eu

Sounds very much like the paths in your 2 configure.php files (not "configuration.php") are incorrect, as in they don't match the paths on your server.

Or you've marked those, and maybe others too, files or folders as 777 permissions and your hosting company may only allow a max of 755 before throwing an error. Your hosting company can review the server's apache errorlog to know more about what's causing the problem.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Make sure that your updated /includes/configure.php (the one for your store-front) was actually uploaded/changed. During the normal running of your Zen Cart, that file's attributes will be automatically changed to read-only ... so you've got to change the permissions on the file prior to any FTP/change.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sounds very much like the paths in your 2 configure.php files (not "configuration.php") are incorrect, as in they don't match the paths on your server.

Or you've marked those, and maybe others too, files or folders as 777 permissions and your hosting company may only allow a max of 755 before throwing an error. Your hosting company can review the server's apache errorlog to know more about what's causing the problem.
    Sorry configure.php, as far as I can tell both files point towards the corrects paths.

The second part of your reply I've put to my host to see what/ if they can find.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Make sure that your updated /includes/configure.php (the one for your store-front) was actually uploaded/changed. During the normal running of your Zen Cart, that file's attributes will be automatically changed to read-only ... so you've got to change the permissions on the file prior to any FTP/change.
    File permissions were indeed changed but changing them into 755 or even 777 doesn't take away the problem...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
    File permissions were indeed changed but changing them into 755 or even 777 doesn't take away the problem...
    As it turned out I had some mixup with the configure.php files

In my defence I do not find it easy to have files with the same names on different locations, I wonder if that could have been done better when ZenCart was developed? For example all admin files have _admin.php behind them. Would make live much easier