Google analytics
    captcha
    Products with attributes stock
    Sales Report
    Monthly Sales
    Adhoc report
    Imagehandler 2
    Export Shipping Order Information

We recently had a customer place an order via credit card. The order went through fine, except that in the admin end, there was no customer information.

After some poking around, I looked in the customer database and discovered a 0 value in the field customers_default_address_id.

I'm guessing this is probably the issue, since all the other customers had some kind of value in that field.

We've tried to delete the customer record via the ZC admin interface, but it won't let us.

So....

1) What might have caused this?
    2) How can we delete the customer so they can reenter their information?

Thanks,

John

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: customers_default_address_id 0

Just a quick follow up and a question: If I search the address book table by customer number, I can see the customer's address info and an address_book_id.

I'm assuming this number is what is supposed to appear in the customers_default_address_id field in the customers table?

Would it be OK to manually enter that ID number into the appropriate field in the customers table?

John

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The address_book_id is what you'd put in the customers_default_address_id in the customers table.

It should never get set to 0 unless a rogue addon is mangling data or one has incorrectly imported only partial data when changing stores, both of which are of course not advised.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The address_book_id is what you'd put in the customers_default_address_id in the customers table.
    OK -- just to clarify -- is it OK for me to do this manually via phpMyAdmin?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It should never get set to 0 unless a rogue addon is mangling data or one has incorrectly imported only partial data when changing stores, both of which are of course not advised.
    I did update the cart and as part of that created a new database (which involved a data import) But it was a complete import and there were no errors that I was aware of.

As for an addon -- the list at the top is what I'm aware of (what I've added), but I inherited this site, so I'm not sure what else may have been added.

We have been experiencing issues with server speed, so I'm thinking the corruption may have been caused by that.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jgold723 View Post
    OK -- just to clarify -- is it OK for me to do this manually via phpMyAdmin?
    I seldom encourage anyone to use phpMyAdmin to do raw database editing, because I have no way of knowing the person's knowledge or skill or their understanding of what exactly they're doing.
    If you understand the concept and are comfortable making the change, go ahead. After you make a good backup.

If the problem persists, then STOP doing manual edits, and go find and fix the ROOT CAUSE of whatever's triggering the problem in the first place.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

This worked -- thank you for your help.

John