Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Can anyone provide a tutorial to use Gmail as local wamp server's mail server?

I am sure many "totally zenned" have done this before: I already set up wamp server on my local machine so I can learn/create/debug zencart website locally, but without mail server, some important features cannot be tested.

I wonder how can I set up gmail as the mail server for my local wamp server? or if there is other mail server that I can use and how to configure it if there is any?

Thank you very much.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can anyone provide a tutorial to use Gmail as local wamp server's mail server?

A forum search for the terms in your post brings up several articles which point to this: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Mail_.2F_Gmail

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can anyone provide a tutorial to use Gmail as local wamp server's mail server?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    A forum search for the terms in your post brings up several articles which point to this: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Mail_.2F_Gmail

Thank you but it is throwing error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

I have attached my class.smtp.php for your reference. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I've not looked at your attachment. Please explain why you're posting a file that already comes with Zen Cart.
    I can follow the instructions I posted above and use gmail just fine from a localhost setup. I don't need to alter class.smtp.php for any reason. Why did you?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I've not looked at your attachment. Please explain why you're posting a file that already comes with Zen Cart.
    I can follow the instructions I posted above and use gmail just fine from a localhost setup. I don't need to alter class.smtp.php for any reason. Why did you?
    Sorry, I didn't alter any thing to the file, the reason I posted here is I came across one of your old post so I thought you might to read it.

I want to use Gmail for my local wamp/zencart installation.

I follow the instruction but it still gives me the above error. For your information, I copied the steps here:

Email Transport: SMTPAUTH
    Email Linefeeds: CRLF
    SMTP Username: your gmail/google-apps-mail username
    SMTP Password: your gmail/google-apps-mail password
    SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
    SMTP Port 465 or 587 (I tried both)

Thank you for your reply.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The instructions work fine for me.
    Must be something blocking it in your firewall or internet connection.

Plugin Contributions

My firewall is set to off, internet connection has no problem otherwise how can I post here?

Plugin Contributions

Do you have special configuration in your gmail account? Maybe that's what I've missed?

Plugin Contributions

I just installed ThunderBird, I have no problem sending/receiving email using it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mdivk View Post
    My firewall is set to off, internet connection has no problem otherwise how can I post here?
    Posting here (port 80) is completely different than trying to send email (other ports, often blocked by ISP).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast