Plugin Contributions

Default Sudden appearance of system setup required page

I installed the latest version of zen cart for my client and it was working well. I had to leave it for a couple of weeks and when I got back to it today, I get the "system setup required" page. I had made a backup of my files so I uploaded those, and also called the hosting company (fat cow) and they checked the database and said that everything appears ok. Any ideas?

www.carolsilrum.com/catalog

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sudden appearance of system setup required page

The 3 reasons which are shown on the Setup Required screen are important information, because they tell you the "why".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I did go through those reasons and nothing seems to apply, not seeing anything that could be wrong with my connections. I guess that I had better just re-install the cart. Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Perhaps you might consider telling US what the 3 reasons are, so we can help you.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

1) This is your first time using Zen Cart® and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).

2) Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website for assistance.

3) Additional Details: includes/configure.php file contents invalid. ie: DIR_FS_CATALOG not valid or not s

Thanks for your help, I'm actually reinstalling now, I went through these 3 points and was unable to find a problem. but sometimes for me it's easier just to start over.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Indeed your configure.php files were changed, or pointed to invalid paths as a result of server changes.

Plugin Contributions

it's happened to me the same error and I did the amend on configure.php file then I must review & update all my settings to the correct values for my server....as mentioned in point 2 , please I need your help to how do that

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by abedah View Post
    it's happened to me the same error and I did the amend on configure.php file then I must review & update all my settings to the correct values for my server....as mentioned in point 2 , please I need your help to how do that
    That sounds like your host moved you to a new server, and didn't follow the instructions: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...fferent-server
    If you follow those instructions then your configure.php file contents will be built automatically for you, before you import your database.

Plugin Contributions

Mmm, I'm also with FatCow and after a couple of months of the new site running fine I now find I have the same message as the original poster.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I'm just updating this in the hope it'll help someone else. I've been checking out my fatcow server info and I used to have everything pointed to: /hermes/web08/b2599/moo.****/shop_location_folder and it all worked fine. Suddenly as said before my sites started showing the system setup pages.

Fatcow reckon they don't and haven't changed anything but I was having a look about and found a new way that they have defined where I point to which is now: /home/users/web/b2599/moo.**** I changed my admin and includes config files to these locations instead and everything immediately started working as before.

Hope this is of use to anyone else with Fatcow.

Jen