Plugin Contributions

Default CURL proxy settings disappear in Admin-MyStore

I'm trying to add PayPal Express Checkout to my webstore, and noticed "CURL is used for bidirectional communication with the gateway, so must be active on your hosting server".

But When I go to Admin->Configuration->My Store, I couldn't find options : CURL proxy settings and CURL Proxy Address
    , can't figure out why?

My webstore (Zen-Cart v1.5.0) is with live server currently:
    cURL support enabled
    cURL Information 7.21.0

But I remember when I first installed Zen Cart to the live server, I was stopped short by the curl error message, and I just continued with installation, and the webstore works fine currently except for the CURL, can anyone help?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CURL proxy settings disappear in Admin-MyStore

The "CURL Proxy" settings were removed from the menu, because there's no need to use a *proxy* for CURL use on a contemporary server suitable for ecommerce.

If CURL is available on your server, then it will work. There's no need to make any changes within Zen Cart in order to make use of CURL. The "proxy" stuff was only there for a need imposed by GoDaddy servers which have typically been configured in completely non-traditional ways. There's no need for it nowadays since GD dropped the proxy requirement a couple years ago. More information on this history can be found here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61528 and the links therein.

More appropriate for your situation would be: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65680

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CURL proxy settings disappear in Admin-MyStore

"These settings were removed from Zen Cart v1.5.0 because they should never be enabled" is quite clear then, Thanks!