Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default (7) couldn't connect to host (problems with GoDaddy hosting on Windows)

Hi, I have looked in the Forum and found posts related to this issue BUT have also found that Go Daddy had apparently fixed their CURL issue in relation to this error, which in my case does not seem accurate OR I have a different problem.

I am using Zen 1.5, the site has not been upgraded, this is a one-click install from my host Go Daddy. I didn't feel that knew enough about DB's to be able to create a path and such and install from ZenCart directly.
    The site has been customized a bit as far as a template has been added and a bit of turning off side bars, changing font color, very basic stuff.
    In the first testing I did on the cart, I used a store pick up option as well as a cheque/money order option just to be sure the cart would function from beginning to end which it did.
    I then installed the PayPal Express checkout and had my client set up their PayPal information. Once that information was entered, I proceeded to create an item that cost 1 penny to test the PayPal functionality. Each time that I have tested it, I get the (7) cannot connect to host error.
    I did get my client to verify their information and they did that and still I am getting the same error.

I found a forum directly related to the Go Daddy hosting & PayPal - http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...0&postcount=25 - so I checked my file (/includes/modules/payment/paypal/paypal_functions.php) and it did not contain the same code as in the example shown in the post so I did not change it.

I then set up the debug mode in PayPal Express checkout area. I did note that I was not shopping in default currency so corrected that to match what was set up in PayPal account. Tested again and still seem to have the same problem except now I am shopping in the default currency.

The Debug emails don't really make any sense to me but one theme persists and it's the CURL error (7) couldn't connect to host.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (7) couldn't connect to host

Quote Originally Posted by inventive View Post
    I am using Zen 1.5, the site has not been upgraded, this is a one-click install from my host Go Daddy.

...Each time that I have tested it, I get the (7) cannot connect to host error.

The Debug emails don't really make any sense to me but one theme persists and it's the CURL error (7) couldn't connect to host.
    Admin->Configuration->My Store->CURL Proxy Status -- needs to be set to False

If you can set that to false and are still getting error 7, then post the complete log output here for analysis.
    Last edited by DrByte; 24 Feb 2012 at 08:52 AM. Reason: edit: with v1.5.0 that option was removed from the menu because it should always be set to false and never changed to true

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

although i have no privilege problem i cant see that curl setting there.

Plugin Contributions

Please note: this is probably just the first of many problems with the host you have chosen.

Save yourself many headaches and change hosting now.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, just an update on the situation. I would have to assume that ZenCart with the PayPal Express Checkout selected ONLY works on a Linux server when hosting with GoDaddy and using their one step install based on the results of my testing below.

I updated my hosting account to Linux server on Go Daddy.
    I had to change the path settings for the Database in a couple of config.php files (because the hosting path had changed when I changed to Linux hosting) then I had to run the ZC_install again to be able to access the administration area.

Once I was able to get into the Admin->MyStore settings, there was still no mention of CURL there still.

I went to the online store and attempted to purchase my test item (store was offline to customers) which actually succeeded!
    I made the store "live" to customers and tested again, once more it succeeded.

Thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (7) couldn't connect to host (problems with GoDaddy hosting on Windows)

Someone help please!

I cant see that "curl" thing on my admin/mystore page. and i dont know what to do!

can anyone tell me where "mystore" config info are stored in database. what is the tablename of it. i may change it from there?

huh?!!!

please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: (7) couldn't connect to host (problems with GoDaddy hosting on Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by cebeser View Post
    Someone help please!

I cant see that "curl" thing on my admin/mystore page. and i dont know what to do!

can anyone tell me where "mystore" config info are stored in database. what is the tablename of it. i may change it from there?

huh?!!!

please help.
    ADMIN PANEL >>> My Store >>> cURL Proxy Status and cURL Proxy Address.

Because GoDaddy does not permit cURL functions, you have to link to a different server that DOES.

So you first need to find a service that provides this "proxy" for cURL functionality.

PS: If you can't see these settings, then I'll bet you got GoDaddy to install zencart, and I wouldn't be surprised if they removed these options. It's the sort of dumb stuff this hopeless host does all the time.

When you have found such a service, you set the cURL Proxy Status to "TRUE" and in the next field you insert the web address URL of that service.

But do yourself a BIG favour... avoid all this (and much more) by hosting with a company that configures their servers for sophisticated eCommerce.
    19 years a Zencart User