Thread: Edit Home Page

Plugin Contributions

Default Edit Home Page

Zen Cart 1.3.8a
    PHP Version: 5.2.17

www.inhouseagency.ca

Our site was set up for us from somebody and now I'm not sure how to edit the main home page. I tried going under Tools>Define Pages Editor but I can't see the home page write up.

I'm very new to this so please help =)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit Home Page

That should be the correct place to edit the page. When you click the drop-down next to select a file to edit, do you see define_main_page.php?

Plugin Contributions

I see define_main_page but the content in this area isn't what I'm seeing on our actual main website page. I put "test" in this area and it shows up no where. Any suggestions for me now =) ?

I have also gone under configuration>define page status and the define_main_page has a status of 1 beside it, meaning it is active.
    Last edited by inhouseagency; 21 Feb 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I've had define pages display in the editor as blank, despite the fact there is content on the page. Try editing define_main_page.php manually.

Plugin Contributions

Go and edit the file directly through a file manager or downloading the file through FTP. The file is found includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLE/html_includes/define_main_page.php

If that does not work do a search in Developer Tool Kit for some of the content on the home page and it will show you which page its located in.
    Zen Cart Help and Design

If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.

Plugin Contributions

The path is actually:

includes/languages/english/html_includes/your_template/define_main_page.php

Plugin Contributions

I did a search in the developer tool kit and came up with this..

/home/dana/public_html/includes/templates/race1/templates/tpl_index_default.php

Now that I have this information how do I edit it. I'm super new to zen cart and I'm not that savvy with this kind of thing. Can you give me step my step directions. Dummy style =)

I though I was suppose to go http://www.inhouseagency.ca/home/dan...ex_default.php and that would pop up the page. Didn't work.

Thanks =)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brandonturpin View Post
    Go and edit the file directly through a file manager or downloading the file through FTP. The file is found includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLE/html_includes/define_main_page.php

If that does not work do a search in Developer Tool Kit for some of the content on the home page and it will show you which page its located in.
    So I guess now that I have the right path how do I edit directly through a file manager? Thanks for helping!

Plugin Contributions

I though I was suppose to go http://www.inhouseagency.ca/home/dan...ex_default.php and that would pop up the page. Didn't work.
    It didn't work because Zen Cart blocks direct browser access to php files, as well it should since allowing access would make it easy for hackers.

To edit a file you need to download it to your local drive using an FTP client. Then open and edit it in a plain text editor such as Notepad++, and then re-upload it to the same location from whence it came.