Plugin Contributions

Default Some product images don't display, the .jpg is in the images folder

As I add new products from the Catalog/Products menu, everything works fine until I perform the preview of the item. The image name is there but it is a default grey image. I have tried deleteing the product and re-creating it, same issue. I have tried resizing the image and uploading it again, same issue. I have tried deleting the image and FTP it into my image folder, same issue. This happens about once every 10 products. I can see no difference in the JPG files. Has anyone else run into this issue?
    Gary Barnett
    Owner of Gary's Dugout
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Some product images don't display, the .jpg is in the images folder

Do you have the URL to a product where this is happening or is it only happening in the Admin?

And when you reply, please answer all the questions in the Posting Tips section on the reply screen.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

customer issue Product images randomly don't display on products

About 1 out of every 10 product images won't display, they exist in the folder images. I upload the image as I create the product, I am selling sports cards so each image is different. I have tried haveing the listing tool remove the image and updateing it, then update it with the image being uploaded and replacing what is currently there. I have tried deleteing the image from my file manager and FTPing it back up. I have tried deleting the image and letting the product manager update and reload the image. Nothing works. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Gary Barnett
    Owner of Gary's Dugout
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

I am not using the URL for the products, I just let it point to the image in the folder, maybe this is my issue?

Version 1.5
    New install.
    No addons have been installed.
    I installed using FTP then running zc_install
    I have searched FAQ and I am not finding anything relating to this issue.
    The issue started about 75 products in.
    I did test and everything is working, just no images on random products.

http://www.garysdugout.com
    Gary Barnett
    Owner of Gary's Dugout
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

What is the permission setting on your images folder? Should be 755. Do you have hotlinking protection enabled in your hosting account?

Plugin Contributions

Permissions are set to 755. Hotlinking is not enabled. About 75% of the images work, they are all in the same folder. Only thing I can imagine is wrong is something in the image itself. These are pictures of professional atheletes in the main sports, not like beach volleyball or anything that sows a lot of skin. But I can't find anything wrong with them. I am going to try and see if I can put a working image into the product and see if it is a product thing or not.
    Gary Barnett
    Owner of Gary's Dugout
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

I found it, these are card numbers so they have a number associated with them, I put #nn in the description of the image. Zen Cart does not like the # character in a image name.
    Gary Barnett
    Owner of Gary's Dugout
    [email protected]

Plugin Contributions

Cool, glad you figured it out and posted the solution.

Plugin Contributions

A couple "rule of thumb" things relating to images - never use special character except hyphens or underscores, make sure there are no spaces in the name, FileNames are case sensitive and watch the file size.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.