Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS Priority Weight settings

Hi,
    I'm using ZC 1.3.9F. Everything is working fine, BUT . . .
    I have USPS shipping module installed for Priority Mail as the only shipping option for customers BASED ON WEIGHT.
    I have not installed the new USPS shipping module release
    (1/12/2012) noted by Ajeh. My current USPS module is not broken, (I don't think) so chose to leave it alone. Looks way to complicated to install the update.

I just added a new product that weighs less than 5 ounces.
    When adding the weight on the product of 0.5 or less down to 0.1 the USPS priority mail adds a shipping cost of 5.20 and doesn't change regardless of what weight I put in on the product. It does not seem to adjust downward based on the weight, why is that? The priority mail shipping fee should only be maybe $2 at most.

If I add free shipping, and install the free shipper module, I keep getting error messages on the product when selecting the radio button "free shipping" that says: "Warning: This product is marked - Free Shipping, Shipping Address Required
    Free Shipping Module is required when all products in the order are Always Free Shipping Products" I don't understand this and how (if at all) this works in tandem with USPS module. If I can't get the Priority Mail fee down below $5.00 I thought I would ship free on this particular product, but it doesn't seem to want to work when I have both the free shipper and the USPS modules both activated. Can you help me out here please?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Priority Weight settings

First, you need the new shipping module for the USPS January 22, 2012 ...

Second, the Product Weight is entered in pounds ...

1 ounce = 0.0625 pounds
    2 ounces = 0.125 pounds
    3 ounces = 0.1875 pounds
    4 ounces = 0.25 pounds
    5 ounces = 0.3125 pounds
    etc. etc. etc.
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,
    Thank you. I downloaded the USPS update, I'm confused about where these USPS.PHP files go. On my server, there are two folders: 1 is admin the other is the root of /store

The readme file says to go to Admin, Modules, then shipping. On my server, In "admin" these folders do not exist. Folders Modules/shipping only exist in the root of the store: /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php.
    But in the zip folder there are two usps.php files: one dated 1/16/2012 and the other 1/21/2012. Where do I upload these two, and which one to which folder??

The unzipped file has two folders:
    1. \includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\usps.php dated 1/16/12
    2. \includes\modules\modules\usps.php dated 1/22/2012
    The instructions say to "load the new files . . . they go in the same /includes folder"
    If I look on my server in "admin", I cannot find these folders and filespaths to any usps.php files. I only find them at
    /store/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping
    and /store/includes/modules/shipping, is that where they go? And which of the two go in which folder (1/16/12 and 1/22/12)???

Not being a PHP programmer, this is all seriously confusing. This is why I avoid updates in Zencart like the plague. Can you please tell me specifically where to FTP these to usps.php files to? Thanks so much for your prompt assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, they go in the /store

Since you are in a subdirectory ...

use:
    /store/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php
    /store/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,
    thank you.
    Okay, I knew this would happen: I now have no way to setup the USPS shipping module after carefully following all directions.
    From logged in admin, I went to Modules, shipping and uninstalled the USPS module.
    From within my FTP progoram, on the server I then renamed the old USPS.PHP files to USPS_old.php.
    I then copied the new file dated 1/16/2012 into:
    store\includes\languages\english\modules\shipping

and the new one dated 1/21/12 to:
    \includes\modules\shipping

Went back into admin, modules, shipping and see that USPS radio button is green, but I cannot install it, edit it or do anything with it, and I have the error at the top of the screen saying:
    Shipping Configuration errors!

Warning: USPS shipping module is either missing the username, or it is set to TEST rather than PRODUCTION and will not work.
    If you cannot retrieve USPS Shipping Quotes, contact USPS to activate your Web Tools account on their production server. 1-800-344-7779 or [email protected]

I opened the php files before I did on this on the server and saw all kinds of references to my ZenCart admin folder. So I have no idea now if those are lost as a result of copying these new php files over. What do I do now? How can I open the shipping module for USPS and edit my settings? Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,
    Matter of fact, ALL MY SHIPPING MODULES ARE NOW
    UNACCESSIBLE. I CAN'T INSTALL OR CONFIGURE ANY SHIPPING MODULE SINCE I DID THIS UPDATE.
    SEE THE ATTACHED SCREEN SHOT.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,
    Okay, now I went back into the server and renamed the new usps.php files to usps_new.php and the old ones back to usps.php, and back to admin and the shipping modules are still messed up. It did not change them back.
    I'm in trouble.

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,
    I went to my server, and restored the entire "store" folder from 2/18 and it's still messed up. I don't understand what is happening. Why wouldn't the restore of all those files put it back where it was before today's mess? I know the backup date was good as it was highlighted in red on the server. Not sure what to do at this point to get my store back working correctly, right now it's totally screwed.

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh,
    Quick Update: I was able to restore my original usps.php files from yesterdays server backup and restore my ability to edit shipping modules. I had to first delete the renamed usps.php files, and the newly created updated usps.php files in two folders.
    I then went to my backend ZenCart Admin and re-entered all my settings to USPS and it works fine now. Whew!

I would like to understand why the updated two usps.php files screwed up my ZenCart so badly though. I suspect maybe because I'm using an older version of Zen Cart? (v1.3.9f)
    If you could let me know, maybe it will help others with this ciritcal process. Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

You need to rename it:
    usps.php_old

That is an auto installing directory of all files that end in .php so renaming it is making it try to load and it conflicts with the new one ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast