Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal express not

Hi there,

It seems that I can't pick any shipping method before paying with paypal checkout button? I think I won't get many customers that way. Is there any way to choose shipping method and total amount and then go to paypal to pay?

Also what is the best way to test if paypal is working without actually paying?

And as I understood it's impossible to change paypal checkout image to the one who has credit card picture?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express not

Quote Originally Posted by AivarasTR View Post
    It seems that I can't pick any shipping method before paying with paypal checkout button?
    Shipping options are only presented once your store knows the customer's address, since shipping prices are offered based on their address.
    Is there any way to choose shipping method and total amount and then go to paypal to pay?
    Sure. Turn off the PayPal Express Shortcut Button in your Express Checkout module's settings. Then the customer will need to provide their address information to your store before they can choose a payment method, and then will be taken to PayPal to complete payment after shipping and taxes are assessed and disclosed to them in your store.
    Also what is the best way to test if paypal is working without actually paying?
    Pay. PayPal allows you to have two accounts: one business or premier, and another personal. You can refund your test transactions.
    And as I understood it's impossible to change paypal checkout image to the one who has credit card picture?
    You can adjust the image by editing the image path to another PayPal image in the /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal express not

Thank you very much! You made it clear.