Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Font size differ English default but swedish is too big size of fonts

I upgraded to zencart 150.
    I installed the Swedish language package.
    When I in the online catalogue check the shop, the english font size is okey, but the swedish language font size is way to big.

How and which file/admin do I change to the same font size as english?

Link to my shop is www.canvas.nu/shop

link to Swedish language pack. add-on: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1948

Thanks in advance
    Stefan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Font size differ English default but swedish is too big size of fonts

Hi Stefan there is an error on your swedish page that is causing this problem.

Look at the generated pages source code in your browser and you will see some gibberish appearing before the HTML doctype declaration, when i remove this gibberish your font sizes on the swedish page appear the same as the english version

swedish page
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="sv">
    <head>
    English Page
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
    <head>
    I have not a clue what is causing this, it could be anything from a corrupt file to the wrong type of encoding, someone with a few more braincells should be able to help you out
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Font size differ English default but swedish is too big size of fonts

Hello there,

Great catch!
    No brainsells?, LOL, I probably have LESS brainsells than you have.
    Most appreciated to your findings!

And again Thanks!

Internet is fantastic, nothing new, but you sit in New Zeeland and I in Sweden. Two oposite end of the world countries helping out each others.

Now just have to find out which swedish code page to look for. I will run them through Notepad++/ WinMerge and see if I find them.

Stefan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Looks like BOM headers in your files. They are invisible to you when viewing the file in your text editor.

When using UTF8 you need to save ALL your files WITHOUT BOM. That's a setting in your text editor's preferences.

BOM = byte order mark

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,

Huge thanks for always being here to help out.

If I get it right, you mean the Swedish language files in the Swedish language pack (donloaded from www.zen-cart.com free add-ons) have been using UTF 8 with BOM?

Does this mean I will have to re-save the programers files?

If this is the case I will send the programer an email so he see this information as well.

Your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I haven't inspected that addon myself. I simply stated what I think might be the problem. Test it for yourself by re-saving the files without BOM. Then decide what you wish to do after that.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I just an email from the person who made the add-on. He told he had used "your" files and edited them. WOuldnt know where to look.
    Do you have a small hint, suspicion on where to look, part from resaving all as non UTF8?

Personally I dont know where to start or even now how to save with or without UTF8. Its new to me.

Is that done in Notepad++ or in the FTP program?

Thanks as always
    Stefan

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Use Notepad++ to edit and save each of the files from the language pack. Tell Notepad++ to Save as UTF8-without-BOM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi DrByte,

Okidoki, will do.
    Only there is quite many files in each language folder in admin/include/languages and in the include/languages.
    Havent started to count them yet. Is it ALL those files or just a few specific files?

Thanks for the great support on this issue!
    Stefan

Plugin Contributions

I only tried to save one to UTF8 Bom as you said, but was also suggested to look on the page and I used Firefox & Google Chrome, Firebug & Google equivalent. In Firfox I could clearly see the gibberish signs.

I also saw that it doesnt seem to be define pages but the language files.

Now my knowledge is limited, but I did make two screenshots showing the issue in action so to speak. See attached link

http://www.canvas.nu/zencart_test.html

Thanks as always
    Stefan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast