Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default French translation and special characters

I installed the French add-on on my zen-cart.

However, the special characters are changed for some weird code...

à for
    é for
    ô for
    è for
    etc...

That's fine for the web site as the code is changed for the real character.

However in the emails sent to the French customers, the code is shown instead of the character.

Here is an example:
    Nous vous remercions de votre confiance !
    Voici les détails de votre commande.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Numéro de commande : 1
    Date de commande : vendredi 06 aot 2010 Facture détaillée :

How can I change that so the emails look good and are readable.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: French translation and special characters

I tried to find a solution on my own and I'm stuck...

I tried the solution suggested in another post, saying to create a my_db_charset.php file in the extra_configures folders (catalog/include and admin/include)
    didn't do it.

I changed the create_account.php file in the catalog/includes/languages/french folder and replaced the following word:
    détails for dtails

Before the change, the email showed: détails both in text and html
    After the change, the email shows: détails both in text and html.
    What can I do to make it show dtails so the customer receives a readable welcoming email

Plugin Contributions

Kind people Dr Byte / Ajeh is there a solution to this? We too have the same problem, the store/database is set to UTF-8, or are we missing something simple?

Plugin Contributions

well maybe you can find the soloution by sending them an email to the help centre if it is still creat problem for you
    then definitely they will solve your french translation problem or go to the link as the above user has provided ........

Plugin Contributions

Still searching for a solution to this issue. My French language characters are showing up as é etc. in my text emails. If I put the actual "" nothing shows in the text email.

I searched the developers toolkit for iso-8859-1 and changed everything to utf-8. I can't figure out how to make this work. Extremely frustrating.

If anyone has found a way to make this work, please be so kind as to let us all know! Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Very close to figuring this out, but not 100%.

In includes / functions / functions_email.php

Find:

Code:
    / / Fix slashes 
    $text = stripslashes ($email_text);
    Replace with:

Code:
          // fix slashes
          $text = stripslashes (utf8_encode(html_entity_decode($email_text)));
    The only problem now is that the accents in the order status and the order status comments have iso-8859-1 codes showing up.

For example:
    Code:
    Commentaires :
    Annulé
    Code:
    L'tat de votre commande a t mis  jour : Annulé
    Not sure where to go about mending that....

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I realize this is NOT the right way to go about fixing it, but here's what I did to make the text emails work right until someone comes up with the correct solution:

Find:

Code:
    / / Fix slashes 
    $text = stripslashes ($email_text);
    Replace with:

Code:
          // fix slashes
          $text = stripslashes (utf8_encode(html_entity_decode($email_text)));
    Find:
    Code:
         // fix double quotes
          while (strstr($email_text, '"')) $email_text = str_replace('"', '"', $email_text);
    Add after:

Code:
    	  //fix special french characters
    while (strstr($email_text, '€')) $email_text = str_replace('€', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'â')) $email_text = str_replace('â', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '‚')) $email_text = str_replace('‚', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'ä')) $email_text = str_replace('ä', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '„')) $email_text = str_replace('„', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'æ')) $email_text = str_replace('æ', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '†')) $email_text = str_replace('†', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'ç')) $email_text = str_replace('ç', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '‡')) $email_text = str_replace('‡', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'é')) $email_text = str_replace('é', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '‰')) $email_text = str_replace('‰', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'è')) $email_text = str_replace('è', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'ˆ')) $email_text = str_replace('ˆ', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'ê')) $email_text = str_replace('ê', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'Š')) $email_text = str_replace('Š', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'ë')) $email_text = str_replace('ë', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '‹')) $email_text = str_replace('‹', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'î')) $email_text = str_replace('î', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'Ž')) $email_text = str_replace('Ž', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'ï')) $email_text = str_replace('ï', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'Ï ')) $email_text = str_replace('Ï ', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'ô')) $email_text = str_replace('ô', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '”')) $email_text = str_replace('”', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'ù')) $email_text = str_replace('ù', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '™')) $email_text = str_replace('™', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'û')) $email_text = str_replace('û', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '›')) $email_text = str_replace('›', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'ü')) $email_text = str_replace('ü', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, 'œ')) $email_text = str_replace('œ', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '«')) $email_text = str_replace('«', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '»')) $email_text = str_replace('»', '', $email_text);
    while (strstr($email_text, '')) $email_text = str_replace('', '', $email_text);
    Last edited by abcisme; 14 Nov 2012 at 06:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

You are making matters worse trying to fix something that is not broken.

The need for correct accents everywhere is the same in spanish: install a fresh zen cart 1.51 and the corresponding spanish language pack. Check that it works fine, then add the french one, see if it works. Compare them to see what is going wrong.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I'm using 1.3.9h and have a ton of mods. There's no way I can do a fresh install and start over.

This is not something that is just my installation. It's documented on Zen Cart France also: http://www.zencart-france.com/forum/...l-t3455.0.html

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that the French language pack was in ISO-8859-1, which I switched to UTF-8.

Like I said, I know what I did was not the right way to fix it, but it is working for now. So until I can figure out what the proper solution is, that's going to have to be the bandaid.

Quote Originally Posted by midivin View Post
    One solution is to use 2 differents datas in the language definition file (one for email, one for the site).
    I think this would work, if I knew how to do it. If I could set the email charset to iso-8859-1 and the site email to utf-8, then I could just use html_entity_decode to decode the text email....? Maybe?
    Last edited by abcisme; 15 Nov 2012 at 01:45 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast