Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute Selection Question

I am familiar with setting up attributes but have a question...

I want for my customers to be able to spell something from the attribute selection...they get up to 6 letters, and of course there are 26 letters to choose from...instead of 'choose letter" and adding this 6 times over, is there a way where the customer can select letters but more than one from the drop down?

Each letter is a charge, so not as simple as putting a box for Text and type the letters in it...as that would not charge for each individual letter.

I hope I am making some sense here...I just am looking for an easier way than, choose letter and then the alphabet 6 times in the attributes for one item that already has 3 other attribute selections for colors etc.

Is there an add on, is there a way around this, as I can't program or custom program my zen (not that familiar with things :) I am looking for a work around solution here.

Thanks for any help, been thinking about this all am and figured that I am missing something

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Selection Question

The Attributes for TEXT do have a charge per letter feature on them in the Attributes Controller ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Okay, still lost...it will let someone pick up to 6 letters and charge per letter?

this is what I am looking for

a little confused still here, okay maybe a lot :)

Plugin Contributions

think I got it, you steered me in the right direction, awesome as always...will be back if more questions

Plugin Contributions

last question...

there are two items let's call them A and B and they have 4 colors to choose from, I can set the attribute to Choose A or B and then the color choices, but what if they want more than one quantity of A or B, it allows only one choice
    am I missing something simple again, and over thinking this??

Plugin Contributions

There are not dependant Attributes ...

The customer would need to select one group of Attributes and add to cart, then select the next set of Attributes and add to cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!