Plugin Contributions

Default How do I delete the Listing button from my cart?

Please can someone point me in the right direction on where to remove this button.

I understand that in most cases this would be a handy feature but we only want customers to see the make and model of their fridge by using the search bar, having the listing and option to choose from over 13000 products will only confuse them.

Many thanks
    Kerry

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I delete the Listing button from my cart?

1:search the name of the button in your website files,then you will know it's location;

Plugin Contributions

mmmm, the button is just called "listing" when I search for this I get over 900 results?

the website address is www.fridge-seal.com.au
    If you search for C120P for example and click the product for more info you will see the said button lurking at the bottom of the screen :-)

Help greatly appreciated.
    Cheers
    Kerry

Plugin Contributions

Admin > Configuration > Product Info > Previous Next - Navigation Bar Position.

So you really don't want people to be able to see any information unless they know the exact model number of their fridge? I searched for Amana, but didn't know their model numbers, so was stonewalled. I may know the make of my appliances, but not necessarily the model, and the model number may not be readily visible.
    What does it benefit you to have all 13000 products in one category, instead of distinguished by make or some other criteria?
    Last edited by gjh42; 29 Feb 2012 at 06:39 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    If the customer does not know their model number looking through thousands of possibilities will not help them as they will not be able to tell which one theirs suits.
    As for the categories I am fairly new to Zen Cart and we had a company set up the bulk part so I am just following the templates they had set up.
    Just need to be able to delete that button, thanks for your help :-)
    Cheers
    Last edited by kerrydunk; 1 Mar 2012 at 12:07 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Obviously looking through every possible seal for every make & model in existence in one list is impractical, since that is the way yours is set up. By entering the stock URL for the "top" category, I could find out that you have your products all in one category, Residential, with a Commercial category that is empty. I don't suppose there's much point in getting into a long discussion about ways to make the customer feel more in control of the experience... I would suggest that if you only want them to give you the precise model number at the start, that you make an explicit and prominent link near the search box directing them to the page where you tell them how to find their model number. I think I would be put off by a home page that would give me nothing until I entered the right code.

On another note, I see that you have had an "SEO" URL rewriter added to your site... but how are the URLs it makes really easier to understand than the stock Zen Cart ones? I see a bunch of gobbledygook in them (I know what it means, but most won't) which obscures the name and model. This will not help SEO. If you enter a URL with less than the full gobbledygook, like [your domain]/fisher-paykel-c120p-fridge, you will get page not found; how is that useful? Your info pages have no meaningful words in the URL beyond page.html?id=3. If you think you need to rewrite the URLs, get a good rewriter that will give clean URLs, like CEON URI Mapping in Free Addons.