Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by mandolin View Post
    Hi,

I installed the Dynamic Filter version 1.5.0 on my test zen cart version 1.5.1, according to the instructions, including the SQL install. I did not have any errors or conflicts on the files. After configuring the plugin in the Admin backend, the front-end display JUST a blank page with a 500 error. The front-end worked properly before I backed up the files/database and installed the plugin.

Anyone have any ideas on what the problem is or how I can troubleshoot it? Although I have programmed php and mysql for years, I am stuck right now.

Here is some more info:
    PHP Version: 5.4.29 (Zend: 2.4.0) PHP Memory Limit: 256M
    Database: MySQL 5.5.37-35.1

Thanks
    You should check your logs directory for any logs being created so we can help you troubleshoot

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, but I did check the logs before I posted - to no avail. I did go through and re-install the plugin late last night - with partial success. My website front-end is now visible to me (not published for the world yet), but I do not see the sidebox, even though I enabled it by following the configuration instructions several times.

I checked the logs again - nothings. And there is nothing in the Firefox HTML console either, except for the sideboxes I already have that display properly - and no errors in the general console.

Plugin Contributions

I re-installed a vanilla zen cart and added dynamic filter back in. The admin section is okay and the front-end is displaying, but NO DYNAMIC FILTER!!!

And no log information!

Configuration Info:
    Zen Cart 1.5.1
    PHP Version: 5.4.29 (Zend: 2.4.0) PHP Memory Limit: 256M
    Database: MySQL 5.5.37-35.1

Anyone have suggestions for fixes or the best debugging tool? Please help!

Plugin Contributions

Are you sure you uploaded all the files correctly especially the files in the sidebox folder? What language is your webshop in ?

Plugin Contributions

I did the install from scratch again and followed the instructions precisely again. I still had the white screen. After googling for the solution again and reading the suggestions, including the Dr Bytes fix (did not work), I copied the original functions_general.php file back to my server and now it works.

Now I need to figure out how to get it to display on the main or home page. Any ideas or pointers to other posts?

Plugin Contributions

from what i remember its not possible to add this on the main/frontpage

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Dynamic Filter - Left Col Boxes Misaligned

Love This Mod but when I updated to the latest version of Zen Cart the Dynamic Filter Crash my site leaving it with a white screen. Is anyone else having this problem?? I reverted back to my back up before I installed the dynamic filter and the site worked again. I tried 3 more times with the same result. Anyone else having the same problem?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Giftidea View Post
    Love This Mod but when I updated to the latest version of Zen Cart the Dynamic Filter Crash my site leaving it with a white screen. Is anyone else having this problem?? I reverted back to my back up before I installed the dynamic filter and the site worked again. I tried 3 more times with the same result. Anyone else having the same problem?
    By 'latest version' do you mean Zen Cart 1.5.3? If so, this plugin has not been updated for that version yet (AFAIK).

Plugin Contributions

This plugin is allso not updated for 1.5.1 and needs a lot of custom edits to get it working on 1.5.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wrickspam View Post
    This plugin is allso not updated for 1.5.1 and needs a lot of custom edits to get it working on 1.5.1
    As far as I remember, the only files that I had make changes to make it work with 1.51 was for split_pages_php and functions_general.php. Those were the ones that needed more careful attention as those core files has changed some since the last update mod. As far as the other files, it wasn't neccesary but I ended up merging them just so the files are updated with the appropriate headers. But so far, this mod has installed smoothly.

And for those who use the links method, you may want to add better categories and apply it to this mod. It makes for a much better visual for the customer.

Page 47 of 81 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast