Plugin Contributions

Default Deleting Saved Items in Cart

Hey Fellow Zen Cart-ers,

We have have a customer that has gummed up the shopping cart (on www.curlygirlstore.com) with multiple quantities of 75 items. When she tries to access the cart she keeps getting a 500 Internal Server error.

We have tried to go in a delete these items from her cart for her, but we keep getting the same error when we sign in as her and try to access the shopping cart.

Is there a way to delete this information from the database or from the admin end? The only solution I can think of right now is to delete her as a customer and then have her sign up again.

Thanks for any advice!

Charles
    Using Zen Cart 1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deleting Saved Items in Cart

There are two tables in the database (customers_basket and customers_basket_attributes) that hold a customer's not-yet-purchased products. If you search through those tables and delete the records associated with your specific customer's customer_id value, s/he should be good-to-go.

Remember to back up your database first!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a bunch for the pointer!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: v1.5 has a clean up on restored carts for when Products or Attributes are deleted from Products to clean up the shopping cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm very interested in what you've just said about restored cart deletions for product attribute cleanups, Ajah, for I think I may be having an issue with this.

I've a client using 1.3.8a and only rarely, like during sales events where they have 2,000+ orders in a day, will we see this issue popup a few times within the ~2,000 orders: a customer's order will have one or more products properly ordered, but also a quantity listed (usually just 1, but we've seen other multiples) for a product that is priced by attributes, yet no attribute is shown as being selected so the resulting price for that product(s) is $0.00.

I'm apprehensive about upgrading their system, for we've made a lot of custom revisions (i.e. max dollar value for Percentage based coupons, referrer/affiliate sales tracking, etc) to their system.

Please know that any thought you may have about what may be causing this issue, will be much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

This is what I suggested for and extra check on stock:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ra+check+stock

You might adapt that to your code and see if it helps ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the suggestion. When they have another big sale (next quarter) I'll be sure to let you know if their issue is resolved.