Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Products Expected

I have a few products that are out of stock and get daily emails from customers asking when they will be back in (i do have back in stock notification on there but they still email). I figured I could put the advance delivery date in the product on admin e.g. 14th Feb, and I can get it to show in Admin>Expected Products but nothing shows up on the actual website for the customers to see the expected date.

I have had a look around the forum but most questions/answers on Products Expected dont cover my question, and I had read my zencart manual but it only has a small section on this and again only how to show it in admin, not on actual website product listing.

Any ideas where I am going wrong, or can this feature only show up in admin - which seems odd as if I already know the due delivery date then why add it in admin? so I think I am missing something.

Any help appreciated :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Products Expected

Can anyone help or advise on this please?

Plugin Contributions

If I understand the question, check your Upcoming Products options in Admin - Configuration - Index Listing. I created a new product on a test site, and set the availability to a date in the future, and the Upcoming Products box displays where it's supposed to.

Plugin Contributions

Is there another place to switch the upcoming products box on and off? I have tried under Index Listing but no matter which option I check as 1,2, 3 or 4 nothing shows up when I refresh the pages on the website. I think I have missed an option somewhere - any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

The Upcoming Products box should display on the main page. In the product listings, only the upcoming products that are in the same category as the selected category will display.

A link to your site might let us spot something.

Plugin Contributions

Hi I have set a few products to be upcoming but I notice that they can still be added to cart once their details, price,etc is added? thought it should say something like not in stock yet?

Plugin Contributions

If the upcoming products Products have a quantity they can be added to the cart ...

You could customize the code to block the add to cart on upcoming products ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If the upcoming products Products have a quantity they can be added to the cart ...

You could customize the code to block the add to cart on upcoming products ...
    Thanks Ajeh, bit too tricky for me, think I'll just change them to "Call for Price" as a get around. Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

This is just a quickie fix you could try on the functions_general.php for the function zen_get_buy_now_button ...

Code:
    ////
    // Switch buy now button based on call for price sold out etc.
      function zen_get_buy_now_button($product_id, $link, $additional_link = false) {
        global $db;

// show case only superceeds all other settings
        if (STORE_STATUS != '0') {
          return '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' .  TEXT_SHOWCASE_ONLY . '</a>';
        }

$chk_date = date('Y-m-d', time()) . ' 00:00:00';
        $chk_date2 = zen_products_lookup($product_id, 'products_date_available');
        if ($chk_date2 > $chk_date) {
          return 'Product Available:<br>' . zen_date_short(zen_products_lookup($product_id, 'products_date_available'));
        }

// 0 = normal shopping
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That's it thanks a million Ajeh, placed this code in and works perfectly, thank you, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast