Plugin Contributions

Default USPS Shipping 15 (No Lower than Fixed Rate)

I need help with USPS Shipping 15 installing/fixing the below modification.
    This code goes in includes/module/shipping/usps.php about line 268. The purpose is to not allow the USPS Quoted cost be below our Fixed Rate cost.

// ************* START MODIFICATION *****************
    // if quoted cost is lower than flat rate module cost, mark up the cost to equal flat rate
    $quoted_cost = ($cost + MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_HANDLING) * $shipping_num_boxes;
    $adjusted_cost = ($quoted_cost < MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST ? MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_COST : $quoted_cost);
    $methods[] = array('id' => $type,
    'title' => $title,
    'cost' => $adjusted_cost);
    // ************* END MODIFICATION *****************

This is about all I lack to get 1.5.0 up.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping 15 (No Lower than Fixed Rate)

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    I need help with USPS Shipping 15 installing/fixing the below modification.
    This code goes in includes/module/shipping/usps.php about line 268. The purpose is to not allow the USPS Quoted cost be below our Fixed Rate cost. about all I lack to get 1.5.0 up.
    Thanks
    Forgive me for asking, but exactly what help is it that you need?

It seems to me that the code you supplied should do the job OK, so would I be wrong in assuming that you just need to know exactly where to place the code?

If so, I'd assume that if the usps code has been changed between versions it is probable that it'll still need to be inserted somewhere *around* the line# specified, and the best way to determine *exactly* where to place it would be to look at the original modified code at the lines immediately before and after this inserted code, then find the identical code in the updated file.

Please advice if I'm on the wrong track.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post

It seems to me that the code you supplied should do the job OK, so would I be wrong in assuming that you just need to know exactly where to place the code?

If so, I'd assume that if the usps code has been changed between versions it is probable that it'll still need to be inserted somewhere *around* the line# specified, and the best way to determine *exactly* where to place it would be to look at the original modified code at the lines immediately before and after this inserted code, then find the identical code in the updated file.

Cheers
    Rod
    I am using Beyond Compare and it appears that it wants to insert it in about same spot as 1.3.9h. I have tried changing this line ('title' => $title,) to what is used in 1.5.0 and also leaving it as is and does not work. It Kills the whole shipping mod. I don't know php so was asking for help.

Plugin Contributions

Cheers
    Rod
    I am using Beyond Compare and it appears that it wants to insert it in about same spot as 1.3.9h. I have tried changing this line ('title' => $title,) to what is used in 1.5.0 and also leaving it as is and does not work. It Kills the whole shipping mod. I don't know php so was asking for help.
    I compared 1.3.9h usps.php to 1.5.0 usps.php and found a few lines above and below that were remark-out in 1.3.9h version. Also had to change in 1.5.0 version "$title = str_replace('**', '', $title);" back to 1.3.9h version "'title' => $title,"
    Now it works.
    If anyone sees anything wrong with this please give input.

Plugin Contributions

I compared 1.3.9h usps.php to 1.5.0 usps.php and found a few lines above and below that were remark-out in 1.3.9h version. Also had to change in 1.5.0 version "$title = str_replace('**', '', $title);" back to 1.3.9h version "'title' => $title,"
    Now it works.
    If anyone sees anything wrong with this please give input.
    The code
    $title = str_replace('**', '', $title);
    is there to remove "**" (if it exists) from the title string. If there isn't a '**' in the string it has no effect... In other words, it will be the same as the old code that reads 'title' => $title," so as long as you don't have '**' in the $title variable then all will be OK.

Now having said that, assuming what you posted here was a copy/paste I can now see the problem.
    "$title = str_replace('**', '', $title);" should actually be
    "$title = str_replace('**', '', $title),"

Note the difference between the semi-colon and the comma at the end of the code snippets. The comma is correct, the semi-colon is going to cause an error.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

The code
    $title = str_replace('**', '', $title);
    is there to remove "**" (if it exists) from the title string. If there isn't a '**' in the string it has no effect... In other words, it will be the same as the old code that reads 'title' => $title," so as long as you don't have '**' in the $title variable then all will be OK.

Now having said that, assuming what you posted here was a copy/paste I can now see the problem.
    "$title = str_replace('**', '', $title);" should actually be
    "$title = str_replace('**', '', $title),"

Note the difference between the semi-colon and the comma at the end of the code snippets. The comma is correct, the semi-colon is going to cause an error.

Cheers
    Rod
    Rod I thank you a bunch. I wonder why this has not caused an error before. I did copy/paste now I got to open the download and see if the ";" is in the original. The other thing I found was just a line below there is a "/*" and a couple lines down should be the "*/" which was missing, comparing to the 1.3.9h version of usps.php

For anyone that need this feature. If you use Flat Rate shipping this prevents USPS from being less than what you have Flat Rate set for. I also have simlar code for FedEx.

Plugin Contributions

The other thing I found was just a line below there is a "/*" and a couple lines down should be the "*/" which was missing, comparing to the 1.3.9h version of usps.php
    The "/*" signifies the start of a comment block (code that is never executed). The "*/" signifies the end of the comment block.

For each "/*" there should be a corresponding "*/" otherwise it will be the same as saying 'don't run any code past this point', which is sure to cause major problems.

Now, having said that it is quite possible, even likely, that someone has inserted a "/*" within the comment block itself, in which case this second occurrence is ignored.

Example:
    --------------------------------------------------
    /* Start of comment block
    any text can go here
    * any text can go here too
    /* here too (duplicate start comment is ignored)
    * this is yet another comment
    */ This one ends the comment block.
    functional code will start here

-------------------------------

If you view the code with something that does Syntax highlighting it will become very clear where these comment blocks start and finish.

Cheers
    Rod