Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help.. Newbie confused...

Out of curiosity, what new template are you using? Does it have a name or link?

Now, this is only me and you might want to wait for other opinions or help. But since nothing is really on your site, I'd probably delete it and start again. This time by downloading the zencart and doing a manual install. As someone said above, you'll eventually have to do this anyway re updates. You'll also have backup files and can see zencart structure.

Then once the zencart is back to original, ask for help installing the new template, identifying what one it is.

BTW...are you able to switch back to the Classic Green default template and everything look okay? I guess you should try this now, for if it is messed-up then (if it were me) I'd start afresh.

sph
    www.prommart.com
    www.fashion-mart.biz

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MountainCraft View Post
    You see, that's what I'm talking about. The tutorial (from this forums FAQ section) said I could give it a custom name..

I think I'm going to delete all my custom stuff (all the mc001 folders) and start over... I'm going to load up the classic green, and you can look at it and see if I messed anything up.. I was trying to be careful and not mess with anything in the classic or default areas, but when things get confusing, you never know...

I originally, tried to install ZenCart manually, by downloading it, expanding, and uploading, editing the recommended files.. but could not get it to work.... Could not set permission properly.. was told by GoDaddy support that I should switch from a windows based server to linux based... which I did, and then used the GoDaddy installer from there... the store loaded up immediately after that.. I still have the original ZenCart download to work with.. and I could also just download everything from the server as well...
    The logo name you're apparently using isn't an image file at all. Every zencart I've done just used logo followed by .gif, jpg, png as appropriate. I suspect everyone else does the same. The custom logo should mean put it in your custom folder.

Windows server: I don't know that I'm on that so wouldn't know.

Somehow I'd try to start again. Deleting all your custom folders/files might be a start, can you remember them all?

Maybe FTPing the zencart up again, overwriting everything excpect your two configure.php files (admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php).

Again, can you switch back to Classic default template?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MountainCraft View Post
    That looks like the right place for the logo.

Plugin Contributions

I see that the Classic Green seems to be working...except don't know why your login is on homepage. By design?

If can solve issue of login page being on homepage, maybe you don't have to delete/start again. Just ask for help uploading your template...and letting us know what template it is.

sph
    www.prommart.com
    www.fashion-mart.biz

Plugin Contributions

I loaded the classic green template..

The reason it's defaulting to the log on page, is I set it that way in the configuration.. as initially, I will be providing usernames and passwords via e-mail, and calculating shipping and total price offline and collecting the funds outside of the store... I will then provide a gift certificate from which the customer can use to purchase one of 20 or so hand made products that are all 'nearly' identical, but the same price.. They will be purchasing the 'exact' item and then checking out with a gift certificate unique to them and that product...

I want to remove the ability to register even initially.. A few weeks down the road, I will start opening things up to the general public and allowing registration, browsing, etc.. I currently do not even want browsing open to the public... That's later...

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I emptied out all of the mc001 folders, copied all the relevant files from the 'classic' folders and default folders to a clean folder on my hard drive, then uploaded them unedited to the mc001 folders..

I resaved the new image as 'logo.gif and uploaded that to the template image folder..

And reloaded the custom template..

It worked..

Formatting on some stuff is messed up, and I still want to change the text...

I think I'll take a break, eat some breakfast and come back and try and tackle all that...

Thanks for your help so far..

hi everyone ,

my website www.phuquocbook.com not use zen cart , now i want to install and use , may i?

Plugin Contributions

????????????

Plugin Contributions

Okay, getting there....

Next I want to remove all the stuff circled in red from the login page.. but I want to retain the form width...

How do I do that?

I would also like to edit the text messages...

What is the name of the document where I do that, and where is it located...

Thanks,
    Mark

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast