Plugin Contributions

Default Can't see 'Upgrade Database' anywhere

I'm upgrading from 1.3.9h and I'm happy to loose customisations as the site needs an overhaul but I do want to loose the database.

-I created a new database in cPanel.
    -Exported old database and imported into new database with phpMyadmin.
    - Created a new folder on server and uploaded zecart 1.5.0
    - ran zc_install and put in details for the new database, using same database username and password as old site.
    - went through the rest of the installation process.
    - opened admin section on new site.
    - database is empty.

I checked the database and it's an exact copy of the old one.
    I checked the config.php files and the database prefix (none) and database username and password are identical between the new and old sites. Only difference is the database name.

The instructions say 'choose upgrade database' but I'm never given the option.

What gives?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't see 'Upgrade Database' anywhere

The "Database Upgrade" option only appears when the system is able to use the DB_XXXXXXX settings in your /includes/configure.php to connect to a database and finds valid prior-version Zen Cart tables in that database.

If the button isn't appearing, then ... it's not finding Zen Cart tables/data in the database specified. So the database name/host/password/prefix is wrong.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Before I was creating a new database with the same database username and password, exporting old one and importing into new one. When I chose the new database, which is exact copy of old one, the installer never shows update button.

This time I exported the old database for backup and used the exact same database name, username and password for the new install and still, the installer finds nothing. I even brought up the configure.php from the old install and copied and pasted database name, username and password to make sure I made no typo's.

I checked with phpmyadmin prior to install and database is as it should be and old install works without a hitch. After new install my database tables are all cleared (lucky I backed up!)

Why is this happening?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Re-import the 1.3.x data into the 1.5.0 database, and make sure the configure.php files in the 1.5.0 area have the correct DB_PREFIX to match what your 1.3.x DB_PREFIX is.
    Then run zc_install, and it should give you the upgrade option.
    If not, what's the URL to your zc_install on the 1.5.0 test area?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.