Plugin Contributions

application error SMTP - Failed to Connect - SMTP Server Logs EMPTY - after moving to new server

I'm struggling to get my moved ZenCart to work. Since the email and the store are on the same server, I have access to the logs. When I run a "tail -f /var/log/syslog" to see all of the traffic on the site realtime and then send a message from my Zen-Cart install (1.39g) (Admin / Tools / Send Email), I get SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. However, there is NO connection made to the mail server - I can see it NOT happen in the logs.

I know the email account, etc. are correct ( Configuration / Email Options) as they're duplicates of my personal email address, which works just fine.

I can also run 3rd party SMTP tests and all checks out fine.

The fact is that Zen-Cart's SMTP isn't actually getting out. I'm also running a web site that has no problems sending email, so it's something

If I use PHP, no errors, but no email. SMTPAuth gives the error. Sendmail, no errors, but no email. With NONE of them do I see anything on the server or in any of the logs.

I've also tried creating a includes/extra_datafiles/email_debugging_on.php file with debugging turned on without any difference (I see no SMTP handshaking). Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

So, any thoughts? Right now, it's all for me.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SMTP - Failed to Connect - SMTP Server Logs EMPTY - after moving to new server

Zen Cart simply uses the host name and port to make a connection, and then uses the username and password to log in.
    If your webserver can't talk to your email server using that information, then something on the server is blocking that communication.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.