[isamchk]
    key_buffer=256M
    sort_buffer=256M
    read_buffer=64M
    write_buffer=64M

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Too many attributes? Store too slow

Generally those look good, assuming there's actually enough RAM allocated to the MySQL engine to support those aggregated values.
    However, I'm certainly not the defacto expert, and there's a lot of information not available here in this discussion. Including VPS RAM, CPU speed/core allocation, and dozens of other items. This forum really isn't geared around teaching people how to configure the MySQL or other components of the webserver, since that's the job of the hosting company.

You may find it useful to analyze your server's slow-query-logs and pinpoint what exactly is problematic for your site.

Or, again, find another host whose performance doesn't croak on small query volumes.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Generally those look good, assuming there's actually enough RAM allocated to the MySQL engine to support those aggregated values.
    However, I'm certainly not the defacto expert, and there's a lot of information not available here in this discussion. Including VPS RAM, CPU speed/core allocation, and dozens of other items. This forum really isn't geared around teaching people how to configure the MySQL or other components of the webserver, since that's the job of the hosting company.

You may find it useful to analyze your server's slow-query-logs and pinpoint what exactly is problematic for your site.

Or, again, find another host whose performance doesn't croak on small query volumes.
    I do appreciate your responses. I moved server one time for this, (so now on 3rd server in a week, and that is painful.) Right now I have VPS Software SolusVM/OpenVZ
    Processing Cores (upgradable) min 2 Cores
    Guaranteed RAM 2GB
    Burstable RAM 4GB
    Disk Space 100 GB
    Monthly Bandwidth 5,000 GB

How do I tell if there is enough RAM allocated to MySql server. Just ask them?

I would like either a server expert to step in if there is one available. I don't know the right questions to ask, and apparently they don't know what to do, even though they say they have the expertise. Don't want to move if possible again. or if need be move servers again. (don't think my wife can take that!)

Will try and look at slow-query-logs.

Plugin Contributions

This is my response from host.

1. Can more RAM be allocated to the mysql database? would that help?
    >> We haven't limited MySQL, you can check the configuration as we have already provided you the my.cnf file.

2. Can checking slow-query-logs analyze the issue?
    >> I'm sorry but that won't help us, you need to have a developer look into those.

3. Do you have any other suggestions? At this point the product pages are too slow to be usable.
    >> We've done as you requested, we've fine tuned everything, a developer would be able to suggest you something appropriate.

Plugin Contributions

I have tried Leverage browser caching in .htaccess and it does not seem to show up when checking with http://gtmetrix.com

I edited the .htaccess in my zen cart folder with (got the last piece from a search. It does not seem to show up when I update it.

##### NOTE: Replace /shop/ with the relative web path of your catalog in the "Rewrite Base" line below:

Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /mysite/

# From Ultimate SEO URLs
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=index&cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-ezp-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=page&id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# For Open Operations Info Manager
    RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=info_manager&pages_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# For dreamscape's News & Articles Manager
    RewriteRule ^news/?$ index\.php?main_page=news&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/rss.xml$ index\.php?main_page=news_rss&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/archive/?$ index\.php?main_page=news_archive&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/([0-9]{4})-([0-9]{2})-([0-9]{2}).html$ index\.php?main_page=news&date=$1-$2-$3&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/archive/([0-9]{4})-([0-9]{2}).html$ index\.php?main_page=news_archive&date=$1-$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/(.*)-a-([0-9]+)-comments.html$ index\.php?main_page=news_comments&article_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]
    RewriteRule ^news/(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ index\.php?main_page=news_article&article_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

# All other pages
    # Don't rewrite real files or directories
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f [NC]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule ^(.*).html$ index\.php?main_page=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

## EXPIRES CACHING ##
    ExpiresActive On ExpiresByType image/jpg “access 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg “access 1 year”
    ExpiresByType image/gif “access 1 year”
    ExpiresByType image/png “access 1 year”
    ExpiresByType text/css “access 1 month”
    ExpiresByType application/pdf “access 1 month”
    ExpiresByType text/x-javascript “access 1 month”
    ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash “access 1 month”
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon “access 1 year”
    ExpiresDefault “access 2 days”
    ## EXPIRES CACHING ##

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Browser caching isn't going to help your database performance.

You could experiment with the query_cache addon if you're adventurous. It may or may not help your specific situation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

rliddle, if you've switched servers three separate times within the same hosting company, I'd say it's pretty clear that there's something wrong with that host.

I recommend you hit up our Hosting page for some good alternatives.
    Frank Koehl
    "Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult"

frankkoehl.com

Plugin Contributions

Will have to try query_cache

Blindside, should have said different hosts, not servers within the same host.

Plugin Contributions

Make sure that each of your attributes are marked with "Apply Discounts Used by Product Special/Sale: No" (assuming that the options don't have cost associated with them); this will heavily reduce your parse times.

Plugin Contributions

Excellent idea ... a fast way to do this for Attributes with 0 price that would not need the discount checked is to use:
    Code:
    UPDATE  products_attributes SET attributes_discounted = 0 WHERE options_values_price = 0;
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast