Plugin Contributions

Default updated to 1.5 (from 1.3.9), now define pages editor not loading the pages to edit

Hi guys!! 1.5 rocks!!

however, encountered some minor hiccup probably when upgrading from 1.3.9 to 1.5. Normally, when I edit the main page, instead of editing the files directly, I go to the admin portal -> tools -> define pages editor. It was working fine in 1.3.9, but now in 1.5, it's not showing the pages. I instead just see a white text box with no HTML code.... and above it, it shows the correct path and filename of the page I want to edit:

/home/domain/domain.com/html/online/includes/languages/english/html_includes/mytemplate/define_main_page.php

I checked permissions and they are correct. Any suggestions? For now I'm editing directly the files, but I prefer using the admin portal.

Thanks guys!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: updated to 1.5 (from 1.3.9), now define pages editor not loading the pages to edi

Actually, it's not only the define pages editor that's messed up.... Everythign with a large text box shows empty data. Like in the Product description, the contents of the product do not show up. Just shows a big white text box.....

Any idea what could be causing this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: updated to 1.5 (from 1.3.9), now define pages editor not loading the pages to edi

Do you mean that the HTML editor is missing ? If so, you'll need to install this:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1626

Plugin Contributions

even in text editor mode, the contents are not showing up....

the same goes when i try to edit a product, the product description disappears as well.....

I checked for errors, and found this in the debug file:

[15-Mar-2012 11:39:26] PHP Warning: htmlspecialchars() [<a href='function.htmlspecialchars'>function.htmlspecialchars</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /home/domain/domain.com/html/folder/admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php on line 410

Plugin Contributions

and it only happens on sites updated from 1.3.9 to 1.5. any other site on the same server that's a fresh install of 1.5 shows up correctly....

Plugin Contributions

ok fixed it by changing utf-8 to iso-8859-1 in the admin configure.php file.

one thing that puzzles me though... new installs use utf-8 and they work fine. also if I go to phpmyadmin for the upgraded installs (1.3.9 to 1.5) they show MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8).

So how come when the charset is utf-8 in zen admin it wouldn't show some of the html codes???

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If your database content isn't UTF-8, then you will want to NOT use UTF-8:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=414

And "iso-8859-1" is incorrect for DB_CHARSET configure.php file defines. In those files it would be "latin1" instead. I think there's a comment to that effect directly within the file itself.

And you need to use the same DB_CHARSET in both of your configure.php files. They need to be set to the same.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have this issue as well - upgraded from 1.3.7 to 1.5 and now the pages show as blank in the define pages editor, with the ' Invalid multibyte sequence in argument error' shown in the cache debug directory.

I can't see anywhere to change this in the configure.php file, and in my english.php file, there is already a line saying

define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

Where should I be looking?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jmouse View Post
    I have this issue as well - upgraded from 1.3.7 to 1.5 and now the pages show as blank in the define pages editor, with the ' Invalid multibyte sequence in argument error' shown in the cache debug directory.

I can't see anywhere to change this in the configure.php file, and in my english.php file, there is already a line saying

define('CHARSET', 'utf-8');

Where should I be looking?
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=414
    If you upgraded from 1.3.7 then your database content is based on latin1 / iso-8859-1 and NOT based on utf8.
    So, your upgraded site should NOT be using utf8. So, change your english.php files' CHARSET from 'utf-8' to 'iso-8859-1'
    See: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=414

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ah-HA! Thanks for that.