Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Entering the weight

Quote Originally Posted by fairestcape View Post
    It's really sad that an otherwise modern country (USA) still uses LBS as a system of weight measurement...
    Interesting comment. I suppose I could counter that if you were curious or intelligent enough, you would investigate why this is the case. However, I would never say such a thing. There are reasons why the US might use the LBS system, but you wouldn't be intelligent enough to comprehend it. (Hint... The answer is in my message.)

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to change the weight units to Kg ??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jen Will View Post
    Okay thank you! So if its 8 ounces it would be? I am sorry for the stupid questions but I am more confused about the ounces verses the pounds.
    I sell flatware. Today I sold 2 forks. I had there weight set at 0.6 what I thought was 1 ounce. when I printed out the invoice it showed United States Postal Service (1 x 1.20lbs) It should have showed 2 ounces. I checked my tare weight and it is 0:0 This item was shipped From Michigan to Sweden. Any Ideas on what went wrong? Why did it add 1 pound?
    "I shoot an arrow into the air, where it lands I do not care: I get my arrows wholesale!” Curly Howard

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Synergy View Post
    I sell flatware. Today I sold 2 forks. I had there weight set at 0.6 what I thought was 1 ounce. when I printed out the invoice it showed United States Postal Service (1 x 1.20lbs) It should have showed 2 ounces. I checked my tare weight and it is 0:0 This item was shipped From Michigan to Sweden. Any Ideas on what went wrong? Why did it add 1 pound?
    The 'lbs' is a textual display only. You'll need to edit your language/english.php files to change this.

As for your 2 forks, if they weigh 0.6 gms each, then the pair will weight 1.2gms. Nothing has been added.

Zencart doesn't convert weights. The number(s) you enter are the numbers that are used. Their 'meaning' is determined by the shipping module, and as previously stated, what is displayed is merely 'text' that has nothing to do with actual quotes.

Cheers
    Rod
    Last edited by RodG; 4 Jul 2012 at 07:13 AM.

Plugin Contributions

If you are using pounds, you need to use:
    1 ounce = 0.0625 pounds

See if that works better for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    If you are using pounds, you need to use:
    1 ounce = 0.0625 pounds

See if that works better for you ...
    What happened to me was I typed in 0.6 instead of 0.06 and and when someone purchased 2 items at 0.6 it added up as 1.2 pounds instead of 0.12 That can make a big ($9.00) difference in overseas shipping cost. Thank you for your help.
    "I shoot an arrow into the air, where it lands I do not care: I get my arrows wholesale!” Curly Howard

Plugin Contributions

I find it astounding that the USA - a supposedly "first-world" country, still sticks doggedly to Pounds and Ounces.

We're not much better here in the UK, but common sense is at last starting to prevail.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12