Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping/Handling Charge for 1-2 Items

www.NorvellProstore.com

I have searched high and low for an answer to this and have run into a brick wall.

We have two products that we want to sample to our customers however we need to charge a flat rate of $2.95 shipping and handling to recoup some of the cost of shipping and pack out.

However I cannot find anyway to add this $2.95 as a shipping/handling charge with out it going site wide.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Kristi

Default Re: Shipping/Handling Charge for 1-2 Items

I had a similar situation in which I needed DVDs shipped at a flat rate, but all other products were to be shipped by weight. I initially tricked the tables by using a much different weight for DVDs. I set the DVDs at 0.01 pounds. All of my other products started at 0.6 pounds.

So in the tables, I used the following:
    0:0.00, 0.10:2.95, 1:4.90, etc.

So regardless of how many DVDs a customer purchased (up to 10), they received a flat rate of $2.95. If they added another product, or happened to have a need for 11 of the same DVD, they would be charged the regular rate.

Tricking the system using weight is a bit inefficient, however. If you want complete flexibility, get CEON Advanced Shipper Module. That module is worth every penny. You can charge shipping based on weight, region, product, attribute, number of items ordered, and order amount. You can have flat rate shipping for a particular product, while still have Priority and Express for others.
    http://dev.ceon.net/web/zen-cart/advanced-shipper