Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Handling charge added at check out

Hello, I serch for help with setting up a chandling charge. My store has two categories of products. Category A covers perishapbe items that require to be shipped in a cooler w/ice, category B product do not need a cooler. I need to have the charge for the cooler added at the check out any time the cart contains a perishable item. I want this charge to be added only once regardles of the number of perishable items in the cart. Do I have an option of two carts (one would collect items form Category A, the other only category B) that would sum up at the final check out and this way the charge for a cooler would be added when the cart contains perishables and would not be added if only nonperishables purchased??? Thanks for any help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Handling charge added at check out

What shipping modules are you using?

Are all of the Perishable Products using the same master_categories_id or a few that can be identified?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thenk you for responding. For shipping I set up UPS with a drop down menu showing 5 options available to choose for the customer. As to categories - my Perishable items are grouped in four main categories ierogi, Meats, Fish, Cheeses. These categories have subcategories that divide into products. I will gladly change this setting if that can help my situation.

Plugin Contributions

Have you an URL that we could perhaps peek at on this?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Last edited by Ajeh; 18 Oct 2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: remove admin path and zenAdminID from URL

Plugin Contributions

my idea was, maybe I should have two main categories Perishable Items and NonPerishable Items and than make what I have Categories now , would become subcategories?

Plugin Contributions

Also, on top of the cooler problem, I have this shipping issue - all Perishables should have no longer than 2 day shipping, while Nonperishbles can take Ground etc. How to set the UPS shipping so every time a perishable item is in the cart it will only show one or two day shipping option???

Plugin Contributions

One a mixed order of Perishables and NonPerishables be considered Perishables for the order?

You could count the contents of the Order based on the master_categories_id to generate an extra charge ...

Since these all need a Cooler ... do they need to have this as a Product or can the Cooler charge also be an extra charge when Perishables are in the cart?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that,s exactly what I want to happen - "a mixed order of Perishables and NonPerishables be considered Perishables for the order. The cooler needs to be added at the check out, and just one regrdles on how many perishable items are in the order. I would be able to do the settings for just perishable order or moxed order. What happens though if just a nonperishable is ordered? we don't want the cooler to be added in this case...

Plugin Contributions

At some point on this forum someone mentioned "multiple" carts. Is it possible to have two carts (invisible to a customer) one would collect Perishable items and would add a cooler at the time of the check out, the other would collect only nonperishable and would not have a cooler charge. At the final check out these two would add and this way we would have a total for both non and perishables plus one charge for a cooler? Does it make any sense or is it just my imagination??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast