Plugin Contributions

Default Is this attrbutes or something else?

I sell one-off used items and books. Once in a blue moon I'll have two of the same item. But now I want to list a bunch of magazine back issues. I really don't want to list 100 back issues of mag 1, 100 of mag 2, etc and make the customer go to ten different pages to buy ten different back issues. Can I set up attributes somehow so the customer sees one page "Zen Cart Monthly - Back Issues" and then when he goes to that page he sees a long list of all available back issues with a checkbox by each one. If he checks on five different ones, he buys five different ones. If he just wants one, he just clicks on that one. Then he can go to another page for another magazine "ZC Weekly" or whatever, and do the same.
    Oh, and just to really confuse myself - since I only have one of each back issue, once it's sold I don't want that issue to show up on the checklist.

So is this something I can set up with attributes, or do I need to install another add-on?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is this attrbutes or something else?

That is something you can set up with checkbox attributes. You'd define an "Option Name" named "Issue" and type Checkbox, then create "Option Values" for the "Issue" identifying the name or number of that issue. Then associate that attribute and its values to the product that is the magazine.

Check out the Tutorials section; there are a couple of good articles that will help you in the attribute setup.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I'll check out the tutorials.

Plugin Contributions

No problem. Since it sounds like you might have a bunch of attributes, you might also check out my post in this thread (http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=193769&page=3) for performance-related configuration.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    No problem. Since it sounds like you might have a bunch of attributes, you might also check out my post in this thread (http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=193769&page=3) for performance-related configuration.
    Luckily the magazines are the only thing I'm trying to do this to (because I'm playing around with it and not getting what I want it to do) I don't think of them as attributes in the normal sense. To me, attributes are like if I've got a shirt and the customer picks size, color, logo, from a list of choices, and then at the bottom puts 1 in the box to indicate how many shirts like that he wants. Next customer comes along and sees the exact same page.
    I'm just looking for a way to list 100 different magazine issues on one page. Customer just sees a generic description of the magazine, and below that a list of available issues with a checkbox by each one. He checks the issues he wants to buy. and then hits add to cart. If he checks 5 issues, he gets charged for five and those issues are marked as sold in the database. And when the next customer comes along and pulls up that page he sees the same generic description of the magazine, and a list of available issues, minus the ones the guy before him bought.