Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CKEDITOR missing from list of editors in admin

In v1.5.1, even though the ckeditor plugin package says you don't need to upload the customized /renamed-admin-folder/includes/init_includes/init_html_editor.php file from the zip, the *original* one that comes with v1.5.1 *does* need to still be on your server. If you've removed it or if it's damaged, then it needs to be put back. And if you have another init_html_editor.php file in the init_includes/overrides/ folder, you need to remove it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    In v1.5.1, even though the ckeditor plugin package says you don't need to upload the customized /renamed-admin-folder/includes/init_includes/init_html_editor.php file from the zip, the *original* one that comes with v1.5.1 *does* need to still be on your server. If you've removed it or if it's damaged, then it needs to be put back. And if you have another init_html_editor.php file in the init_includes/overrides/ folder, you need to remove it.
    I still have the file I just didn't upload it. The filename in the zip is named: init_html_editor.php_only_needed_for_v150_or_older . So do I just change the extension and upload it?

thank you,
    betty

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

NO! The original Zen Cart v1.5.1 code (I'm referring to the ORIGINAL ZC, and NOT to a plugin) comes with the correct v1.5.1 init_html_editor.php file.

My point is that for v1.5.1 you need to use the official original one that comes WITH Zen Cart, and NOT replace it with the one in the ckeditor package (because the one in the ckeditor package is designed for OLDER versions of Zen Cart).

In short, I'm saying that you should have never touched that file. But that it also must exist, and must be the original one.

I'm mentioning this because it is a key piece in making the editors display correctly. If it's missing, then the editors selection will be broken. Same if you've got a file by the same name in the overrides folder. That's why I wrote my last post the way I did.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

For anyone is having trouble getting CKeditor to show in zen cart v1.5.0, after a few hours of figuring, the file that says init_html_editor.php_only_needed_for_v150_or_older needs to be renamed to just init_html_editor.php and uploaded to /YOUR_ADMIN_NAME/includes/init_includes/overrides

A very simple fix

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spiggles87 View Post
    For anyone is having trouble getting CKeditor to show in zen cart v1.5.0, after a few hours of figuring, the file that says init_html_editor.php_only_needed_for_v150_or_older needs to be renamed to just init_html_editor.php and uploaded to /YOUR_ADMIN_NAME/includes/init_includes/overrides

A very simple fix
    thank you...thank you...thank you!!!

Finally the ckeditor is showing up in admin.

thank you for the fix :)

betty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123